weekend club - berlin

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

clubfoot wrote:hmmmm, i didn't really like it there.
i'd like to think i can do classy too. the place looks and sounds great - everything cool. but i didn't enjoy the strict non-smoking policy and the team of guys watching your every move on the roof terrace - you know, in case you do something naughty.

felt a bit like being at a big work party in some posh centre of town r'n'b venue - but with all those guys from m-nus playing.

i can see why people really like it, but for me, it kind of goes against what techno stands for (particularly in berlin). club with leather seats and an urban view? i'd choose watergate.
Watergate is great too, and to me better than Weekend, but weekend surely is cool also.
Btw, there's a no-smoking ban in all of Berlin now, and has been for some months (I guess some clubs are more strict than others).
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

I was there 2 weeks ago for the esperanza label night and must say the club is amazing. The terrace was open and the view was simply astonishing. The sound inside was very good too and yes, we were able to smoke inside but only at a certain time. The thing I liked the most was that supposedly the club was going to close at 6am but we were allowed to stay with no hassle from the security until Seph decided the party was over. I was dancing around and chatting with Dilo, Kasper and Papol on the dancefloor during that time. All in all a great experience.
The downside was that it was kinda too posh for me and my friends but the good thing about that is that its full of very nice girls ;) .

Enjoy!
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

Chmekas wrote:moderators, don't u think that there should be a sticky general topic about Berlin? then people would search for info in one place

because every week there are bunch of topics about Berlin with the same questions
bo hoo, don't read any threads that have berlin in the name so :roll:
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

all depends on which club has the better line up when i'm there i suppose but nice girls and no smoking sounds good to me!
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

that's a way to find cool club, look at the line up.
Watergate & Panoramabar were my favorite. Don't forget to have a ear by Bar25 and Club des visionnaires... ;)
Of course, a permanent topic on Berlin should be great... there are good info too on resident advisor...
Tsschusss
tabula rasa
warren888k
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by warren888k »

dav.id wrote:that's a way to find cool club, look at the line up.
Watergate & Panoramabar were my favorite. Don't forget to have a ear by Bar25 and Club des visionnaires... ;)
Of course, a permanent topic on Berlin should be great... there are good info too on resident advisor...
Tsschusss
cheers man
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

went in june there for teh first time. got in no problems. drink was also reasonably priced. great club and great sound. i stayed to watch troypierce and matthew dear b2b. lots of lovely ladies aswell. :D
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

not my crowd, not my scene, not a fan of the lights or pa, but people looking for a slicker experience can have a good time there. They still have some good bookings. Tomorrow night a few guys that have sometimes posted on mnml are playing. I'd go if my gf wasnt having a goign away house party, but i dont normally go there.

bte, watergate had no smoking policy last saturday. Normal sticky air that i lvoe was in full effect.

I'm all for a sticky thread. a link to resident advisor could be the first post so people always have the relevant info they need.

for the techno travelers, minus is doing another big event on oct 11th. im def not going, but im sure some people will have a good time.
freeeeeee