so obama won....

- open
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I think it's a big change for America.

It's the first black president
I think at first it's important for black people , after many discriminary years.
For me , Obama doesnt look like the equal American President , which is great. He looks like new Hope and I think he represents it and he can change something.
His speeches are so emotional and promising.
I wonder how he gets stuck millions of people.

I feel much strength in his articulation

Its insane for me how much people celebrated in e.g Chicago.

But there are hard times now for Obama (Terrorism/Financial Crisis etc..)
SO let's see if he can solve that. He's got the heart of the people now he should do now what he has promised

greetz

P.S: just my opinion , I am not even an american or political interested!
I first thought Obama had no chance after reading that Chuck Norris voted for Mccain. So guys , it's the first time Chuck has been beaten!
Last edited by upekah on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

His speech tonight was great.

I am fucking celebrating, I am happy I don't have to move out of the country again quite yet!!!!!!
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

What a day! DC erupted tonight! I stood in line this morning to vote in Virginia and I sure am glad I did because I didn't think even with all the polling that he was going to win VA. I think we all knew he was going to win but he absolutely crushed. I think this goes to show that people, despite what you might think, in America have an open mind. That mentally certainly won't stop at politics and I can only image the parties we are going to be having in this city and countless others in the coming months.

As a house and techno dj from DC my bookings and friends bookings have shot through the roof in this city over the last few months and now we are having - I don't even know how many Obama celebration parties. I'm not saying that to boast about myself either. I'm simply responding to to the question. OF course it will change. Its not irony but definitely interesting that the same city where house music was born is where Obama gave his victory speach. I'll say I'm looking forward to the next 4 years of techno and house here in America even more now than before because honestly where I'm sitting in the nations capital its gone from no real (good) parties less than 2 years ago to 400+ kids coming out to a warehouse on the wrong side of town to see Jan Kruger exactly one month ago. Change? its been changing!

Cheers and Beers everybody and I hope to see you soon :D
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Did anyone notice the overwhelming media fiasco about the phrase "first black president" its been playing like a broken record... whats that all about? We all knew it was coming.

I read 8 articles. Non of them praised Obama for his intelligence, strategic insight, grace, determination or his amazing ability to charm millions of stuck-in-the-middle voters..Nope, it all boiled down to the colour like its that big of a deal..
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Celltek wrote:Did anyone notice the overwhelming media fiasco about the phrase "first black president" its been playing like a broken record... whats that all about? We all knew it was coming.

I read 8 articles. Non of them praised Obama for his intelligence, strategic insight, grace, determination or his amazing ability to charm millions of stuck-in-the-middle voters..Nope, it all boiled down to the colour like its that big of a deal..
I think it's just about that he kind of represents the afroamerican people in the US which are a big part of America. On the other Side dont know what the fuss is about either
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

anizz wrote:
Celltek wrote:Did anyone notice the overwhelming media fiasco about the phrase "first black president" its been playing like a broken record... whats that all about? We all knew it was coming.

I think it's just about that he kind of represents the afroamerican people in the US which are a big part of America. On the other Side dont know what the fuss is about either
I read about this and apparently its linked with white america's deep rooted guilt about slavery... In a freudian way they are trying to tell black people they are sorry is a very weird way.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Celltek wrote:
anizz wrote:

I read about this and apparently its linked with white america's deep rooted guilt about slavery... In a freudian way they are trying to tell black people they are sorry is a very weird way.
IMO I think its refreshing for the black people in the US that after the slavery etc the past 100 Years , they kind of get accepted and supported and got such a greath / strenghtful man that represents them.

I don't think its a way for the whites to say sorry