Korg Zero vs. MixWizard vs. Xone

- ask away
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Korg Zero vs. MixWizard vs. Xone

Post by NewSc2 »

Need to add mixer to my setup for Live PA/basic production.

I noticed many people on one of the "Best Buys" thread stating that the Xone 92 was one of their favorite buys... which I was a bit confused by. I thought the Xone was mostly a DJ mixer, with its RCA inputs.

I have a MOTU Traveler already, so the audio interface part isn't necessary, but might be nice to have. On paper, the Korg Zero 8 looks like the most powerful option (and prices have dropped considerably), but I'm really looking for the unit with the best EQ/filters for live mixing.

I've heard the build quality on the Korg Zero isn't the best... it's an issue for me but I'm not really hardcore gigging out, yet. I've mostly been playing at parties and jamming with friends. I've been going back and forth between OTB and ITB Live PA, so I want a unit that can do both well.

Can someone chime in on their experiences with these units?
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Korg Zero vs. MixWizard vs. Xone

Post by isaaclevy »

NewSc2 wrote:Need to add mixer to my setup for Live PA/basic production.

I noticed many people on one of the "Best Buys" thread stating that the Xone 92 was one of their favorite buys... which I was a bit confused by. I thought the Xone was mostly a DJ mixer, with its RCA inputs.

I have a MOTU Traveler already, so the audio interface part isn't necessary, but might be nice to have. On paper, the Korg Zero 8 looks like the most powerful option (and prices have dropped considerably), but I'm really looking for the unit with the best EQ/filters for live mixing.

I've heard the build quality on the Korg Zero isn't the best... it's an issue for me but I'm not really hardcore gigging out, yet. I've mostly been playing at parties and jamming with friends. I've been going back and forth between OTB and ITB Live PA, so I want a unit that can do both well.

Can someone chime in on their experiences with these units?

the XONE92 is a analog dj mixer....
what do u want exactly? a mixer for Live PA?

I dont have lonG djing and i have the 92 and i can say it is great, and read aboUt it a lot and the sound quality seams to be one of th best. if u r looking for the best EQ then the XONE have 4 band EQ. i have a friend who used to have a ZERO 4 and he switched to XONE62, e sad the sond was crapy

If u want to do a litle Live PA then take a look at the XONE3D OR 4D

there is also some new control surface from vextax VCM-600, wich look ok and coming from vestax well....

http://ci.vestax.com/en/products/vcm600_01.html

but if u say u Need to add a mixer to your setup for Live PA/basic production. then consider taking a look at the VCM-600 or others.

NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

Thanks for the suggestions

The Vestax model you linked is just a MIDI controller. I need something to control my hardware synths and drum machines. The only thing keeping me away from the Xone series is the RCA inputs. I don't really feel that comfortable plugging in some of my balanced gear (compressors, effects) into an RCA mixer. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying that stuff to begin with.

Does anybody here have experience with the Mixwizard line? I know the knobs look pretty small, but it's made by Allen & Heath and looks like it might fit the bill pretty well. The Mixwizard has a filter too, but is it good enough for using as a live effect?