producing under a pseudonym

- ask away
sven laux
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sven laux »

I cannot imagine somebody would choose the name remondo villalobos or whatever as it was mentioned above.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

i dont mean to offend anybbody's feelings...or anything...but i see people give too much importance to "the name"...

can someone mention or quote somehow how has their "cool name" helped in a way or something for being a producer or better producer?

yacek
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by yacek »

isaaclevy wrote:i dont mean to offend anybbody's feelings...or anything...but i see people give too much importance to "the name"...

can someone mention or quote somehow how has their "cool name" helped in a way or something for being a producer or better producer?

read some of pheek's posts in this thread.
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

isaaclevy wrote:i dont mean to offend anybbody's feelings...or anything...but i see people give too much importance to "the name"...

I think we find some importance to names, because your music will be connected to this moniker. If it's my initial tone to be serious, then I wouldn't have a name like Hella Tittsgerald, or Dianus Floss (god i hope you got the reference haha).

I prefer neutral names that dont really paint a picture of anything to be honest. Its a great way to allow your music to speak for you -- and yet still have a name that can bend with a serious tone, or a lighter one.

But I also find an array of names hilarious. Like a schizophrenic of sound. Multiple personalities can be interesting in music :)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

Ok, thank you yacek and thank you Zsa Zsa, it is nice to know diferent points of view i guess u r right....
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

I'd look at it from the marketing side and choose a name people would remember after hearing and which is easy to pronounce.
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

SHAP wrote:I'd look at it from the marketing side and choose a name people would remember after hearing and which is easy to pronounce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

habitueE wrote:
SHAP wrote:I'd look at it from the marketing side and choose a name people would remember after hearing and which is easy to pronounce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo
That one's really funny