Ricardo Villalobos and the U.S.A.

- open
m_tt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by m_tt »

i remember that night at oslo in detroit, paxahau 10 year weekend. signs all over that said zip was turned away at customs. sammy dee played instead i think?
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

Atheory wrote:yeah like i said, i could be wrong.
i remember a case where a US woman had gotten an irish passport so she could travel around europe/work but when she tried to re-enter the US she had some problems, i just thought it was more US style burocrazy, and not an actual law. its a stupid rule.
why didn't she just use her american passport for american border crossings and her EU passport for european border crossings its not that difficult
agodi wrote:
apanell wrote:he has a german passport i don't see why he would be hassled in the united states unless he's travelling with with a chilean passport
Doesnt really matter where your passport originates from because it lists your place of birth.
i didn't think that is so important, but everybody who isn't carrying a US passport has to do stupid things like get a photo and fingerprints...maybe that qualifies enough for hassling.
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

element.8 wrote:the terrorists clearly ruined the us economy, so anyone that wants to try and live in a good country and a bad one must be plotting against the states. duh. :P
i hope you're being ironic here.
looking at the big picture i hope it's clear how ridiculous all this is. if a person, whatever the nationality or citizenship, is invited and payed by, in this case, an american event organizer, to perform in the states, then why is it an issue ? it's a business venture after all.
ofcourse let's not be naive and understand that everywhere there ar interests (not related to common good, obviously) and this affects even the most unexpected of areas, namely electronic music culture.
it's sad, to say the least.. probably very frustrating for those directly affected
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

You can have dual citizenship with have no problems or be put on some list... One of my very best friends who I grew up with and was born here in the States has lived in Amsterdam for about 9 years now and has dual citizenship with the United Kingdom and with the United States. He was just here in the D for Xmas and last summer traveled to Hawaii no problems.. As far as I know he has never had any problems at any border crossing.. So as for USA frowning upon it I doubt it, and you are for sure not flagged for this or he would have a lot more trouble traveling then he does... Mind you he is not stupid and if he is crossing into the States he would give them his US passport.
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
Zsa Zsa
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Zsa Zsa »

you can be a dual citizen, but certain rules apply. if you want to be considered a 'permanent resident' in the USA, you'll have to drop your citizenship from wherever you're coming from. when i was planning to permanently live in the USA last year, they told me i could keep my Canadian cit, but then I wouldnt be considered a resident of the USA, meaning no rights to vote, etc. I would have been a drifter haha!

however, you can live/work there legally easily through marriage and/or if a legal establishment hires you to work for them. but still the rules above apply, and it takes 2 years, and a ton of money and paper work for this to happen.

freedom? whats that? ;)
"Upon the highest throne in the world, we are seated, still, upon our arses." .. Michel de Montaigne