Plastikman Survey

- open
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

I think that Richie is managing to do a decent job at balancing making money and artistic integrity. Now and then a few of his moves can be a bit "huh?" - but he has always been a very smart business man/marketer for himself, his image and his label.

Everyone keeps yelling at things like the RIAA saying "The internet has changed how your business works!", and Hawtin strikes me as one of the few artists that is really trying to embrace the internet, technology, social media in a way that still allows him to make money, while not completely selling out in the process.

While I don't gush over everything he does / think he's god or anything like that (rapid fanboyism bothers me) - I do respect him as an artist, and for his business sense.

He has every right to try and find ways to make money doing what he loves, especially when piracy is so rampant and easy.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

anizz wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
vinnie pine wrote:I hope he releases some plastikman flip flops to go with my m-nus beach towel.
I would use it with the Axis/Jeff Mills beach towel... Yeah!
and I also have to say that to you patrick! dont forget your mnml scarf! :lol:
Too hot at the moment :lol:

I agree with Shypht and Chrisdisco. I also see Hawtin as a very clever business man, and pretty forefront of what is going on digitally (hardware, internet etc)...
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

I agree with Shypht and Chrisdisco. I also see Hawtin as a very clever business man, and pretty forefront of what is going on digitally (hardware, internet etc)...
I see him as a once great, mind blowing DJ turned into a marketing gimmick who backs it up with sub standard releases on his label and below par DJ sets :(

Oh well there's plenty more out there to get me excited these days so it's no big deal. Still though I'll listen to future Plastikman projects (if they happen) but I'll pass on this survey for now :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Del wrote:
Still though I'll listen to future Plastikman projects (if they happen) but I'll pass on this survey for now :lol:
I requested un-released tracks 8)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

patrick bateman wrote:
Del wrote:
Still though I'll listen to future Plastikman projects (if they happen) but I'll pass on this survey for now :lol:
I requested un-released tracks 8)
+1
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

chrisdisco wrote:its strikes me as a very clever marketing ploy.

it is rather troubling in terms of artistic direction, but completely inline with his trajectory of the last few years.

i'd love for some unreleased stuff to see the light of day. but more than anything, i just do not want any more remixes. seriously. fck. that dubfire remix of spastik is a god damn abortion. i dont know who i hate more for that - dubfire for doing it, or richie for letting him.
if dubfire even would have done it by hisself... but some other dude must have produced it for him :D

I would also love to see more unreleased stuff but I would also love to see some more video footage... there are some videos that were totally mindblowing.. Ali's doing a great job! Personally I dont think Plastikman can hold on to his awesomeness of the past but I hope to see some more downbeat / stereo field madness going on there...

can someone show me this wifebeaters please?
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

anizz wrote:I would also love to see more unreleased stuff but I would also love to see some more video footage... there are some videos that were totally mindblowing.. Ali's doing a great job! Personally I dont think Plastikman can hold on to his awesomeness of the past but I hope to see some more downbeat / stereo field madness going on there...
agree with the video footage. but i don't know if i'd want ali demerel to make any videos for plastikman. the couple that are out there are enough for me, and some of ali's stuff is a little too over the top.

however, the meta_control stuff with ali + barak is way, way, way more interesting to me. THAT's what i'd envision for a plastikman video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWJY_NXl_yQ

winner!
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I dont know if its done by Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITCX4_H6WUA but something like this would blow my mind , and this is shown on MTV! They would kill us today
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.