The Finger

- ask away
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

livecollective wrote:
Stomper wrote:i wonder if anyone has compared it yet to Artilary 2?

same idea. except finger runs inside reaktor. sounds a bit better.
For Reaktor users :)

On the other hand, reaktor user can build this, doesnt have to buy it.
mimu.eu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mimu.eu »

using multi_fx and triggerin' 'em with the use of a keyboard and/or another controller isn't something sugarbytes did invent and as you might know tim exile's mash.ens he was offering everyone for free at his NI artistpage a few years ago, the main concept isn't too new, BUT: whilest artillery seems for me a pretty damn good multi-FX, the finger's more play'able and use'able and its fx are dirtier and nastier. especially the dynamic routing is stunning, just by re-ordering the keys you're pressing and holding the fx do change drastically since the routin' is flexible. and playin' over the whole keyboard with the pretty good comb-filters allows me even to create some sort of new instrument on the fly just by running the finger thru an masterbus within my DAW. both of these plugs are useful and helpful, but as long as you do have reaktor, i'd recommend 'the finger' because then you can tweak each single parameter to the max and can create your totally unique setup. both plugz are fantastic, but since i like the more experimental approach, i prefer da finga. i did use it for a live-act a week ago on an radio session on air and ... it was really so much FUN to destroy the audio in realtime ;-) and because of the damn good glitch/stutter-fx it's my personal favourite replacement of dblue's glitch since i'm not working on a mac ;-)

yours sincerely,
der einmeier
www.mimu.eu
& my glitchnoizedubelektromnmlidm-library at
http://www.soundstosample.com/info/Soun ... _Muzik/342