EVEN Hawtin struggles to get into Berghain!!

- open
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

minimal house wrote:So dck Hawtin is pissed he didnt get into the gay club what? :lol:
nope, read the thread again.
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

the question could be : do we have to limit hedonism in club? ;)
tabula rasa
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

this is turning into the most boring thread on the internet.
Atheory wrote: i understand that its a message board so there is going to be a difference between people culturally, socially, life experience, exposure to different lifestyles, intelligence etc, so maybe i should also learn to be tolerant of peoples stigmas, even if i find them outmoded and abhorent.
seamus wrote: So from your use of the word 'intelligence' I assumed that you were saying that anyone on the thread expressing any sort of distaste for seeing people have sex is unintelligent, or less intelligent than you. Is that not what you meant? And if not, why would you bring 'intelligence' into it?

No seamus, i was saying that people who were uncomfortable being in the same building as homosexual sex might be uncomfortable because of
1)cultural differences
2)social difference
3)life experiences
4)exposure to different lifestyles
or
5)intelligence.

which is i think a logical and valid thing to say. but you misinterpreteded as me saying anyone who doesn't like watching homosexual sex is more stupid than me. Thats why i said you misrepresented what i said. Thats how you misrepresented my words and statements.

To stress further what i was ACTUALLY saying, its an international board, there are people from different backgrounds/religions who might have a problem with an anything goes club. So i was saying that they aren't the only ones with prejudices. I have prejudices too. I should try and understand where they are coming from etc. if i expect them to understand where others are coming from.

i am not the only one who detected a kind of homophobia creeping into the posts also. then again, if someone innaccurately accused me of racism or homophobia the first thing i'd do is try and clear it up the misunderstanding. Not lay into the person. but, different strokes and all that.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

here's a thought: why not just stop bitchslapping eachother and simply continue about Berghain. I'm sure the mods will even let you get a go at Hawtin if you're nice. ;)
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

PsyTox wrote:here's a thought: why not just stop bitchslapping eachother and simply continue about Berghain. I'm sure the mods will even let you get a go at Hawtin if you're nice. ;)
Ha! yes, your right.

APOLOGIES for the boringness.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

Its the mix of cutting edge music, hedonistic sexual activity and maze like industrial architecture that makes the place so unique! Its a very surreal experience and everyone should know what sort of thing to expect before going, its not exactly a secret what goes on in there.

A few of the surreal things which me and my mates saw included a hetro couple going for it in one of the cages/openings just outside Panorama Bar (see not just man on man), a semi naked guy getting led around by a chain with a little leather collar around his old boy, some guy knocking one out in the toilets when I was trying to have a p!ss (and we all know how difficult that is after a hard nights partying lol) and as mentioned before Hawtin wandering around freely with 2 beautiful young ladies on either arm, plus the music's half decent ;)
What other club on the planet do you get this happening!

BTW my girlfriend couldnt handle it and hated the whole experience. She wouldnt leave Panorama Bar and even manged to fall asleep there :lol:
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

everyone is so quick to forget the part where basically the electronic / house community as a whole was born out of gay bars in chicago, ny and detroit.

this entire thread gets the "give me a fucking break" award for 2009.
Last edited by cloutier on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

^^^^^^this...

I recall that Berghain was primarily a gay club, that is even before it was at it's current location. But any one with more knowledge about the history of the place correct me if i'm wrong.
There's one thing you've got to give to gays, is that they definitely know how to throw a party also those that don't imply having sex all over the club....
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk