Petar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Petar »

pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Last night at a gear, there was a song that really grabbed my attention: before and during the breakdown, the song started to glitch and do off beats for a moment before coming all together. Every one was confused and there would could hear some voice saying in a loop, something like "I'm sorry guys, my computer is f***ed up." I thought it was really fun and well done!
:D
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

Carl Smart wrote:play a sample of a baby crying. im not joking.
have u heard the auto tune version track of a baby crying? its some african track, champion djs or something, dj rupture was playing it a while back, and a few other people.
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

pheek wrote:Last night at a gear, there was a song that really grabbed my attention: before and during the breakdown, the song started to glitch and do off beats for a moment before coming all together. Every one was confused and there would could hear some voice saying in a loop, something like "I'm sorry guys, my computer is f***ed up." I thought it was really fun and well done!
lol that's an idea. I keep staring at the thread title and wondering when leaving a floor "confused" would be a good thing. Being pleasantly surprised is good, but confused? Buncha people staring at each other with a "wtf?" look on their face?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

NewSc2 wrote:
pheek wrote:Last night at a gear, there was a song that really grabbed my attention: before and during the breakdown, the song started to glitch and do off beats for a moment before coming all together. Every one was confused and there would could hear some voice saying in a loop, something like "I'm sorry guys, my computer is f***ed up." I thought it was really fun and well done!
lol that's an idea. I keep staring at the thread title and wondering when leaving a floor "confused" would be a good thing. Being pleasantly surprised is good, but confused? Buncha people staring at each other with a "wtf?" look on their face?
I've always thought it is a bit obnoxious to leave a dancefloor to a wtf state of mind, unless it is a about a jaw-dropping one. I think the magic of performance (ex. think of magicians, storytellers), is to do something that takes everyone by surprise, confuses them, but them you develop the idea to show them it is part of a greater thing and that you still make sense but needed time to be understood.
meffeo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by meffeo »

Atheory wrote:rap badly over your tracks?
+ 1

lol
..keep the underground alive..

- myspace -
Freak654
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Freak654 »

I once did a dj set on big boat like a coaltrailer which was empty but full of people which was awesome actually !!!

I was playing some deephouse with Serato but suddenly due to the whatever reason my Serato signal was lost what made the track go totally fucked up, stuttering, noise, blips and beeps and I was really shocked but then every single person started clapping and yelling like it was the nicest trick they ever heard.

Completely blown away by the reaction of the crowd I took Kiko - World Cup and started in the break with the melody .. Biggest kick I ever had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-t_Gk2beI

@2:36
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dav.id »

play between paradise and hell, organization and chaos. Have some fun! :D
tabula rasa