Live & Logic

- ask away
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

ewinz wrote:I saying, I can play the track (press "key" launch bass, drum,...) and record in same time. Logic cannot do that. You have to write your track with a pen you know?
... Logic can do that... you can even do multiple takes and stuff easier in Logic (over Ableton). Just hit record and play your MIDI keyboard.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

LoVe=Logic+Live!!! This is a no brainer!!! Logic with live Rewired internally is the bomb. Loops and rhythmical elements in Live and linier stuff and mixdown/mastering in Logic. The plugs in Logic are world class and from a financial point of view your getting so much more and so many more possibilities with Logic. You Know what to do!!! Someonelikeyou.
p.s. Where can u get Logic for 120?
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

someonelikeyou wrote:p.s. Where can u get Logic for 120?
Educational discount. I bought the $999 Logic 7 for $279 with my school's educational pricing. Only thing is you can't upgrade, need to buy the new full version (or a new academic version) every time Apple releases a new one.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

NewSc2 wrote:
someonelikeyou wrote:p.s. Where can u get Logic for 120?
Educational discount. I bought the $999 Logic 7 for $279 with my school's educational pricing. Only thing is you can't upgrade, need to buy the new full version (or a new academic version) every time Apple releases a new one.
Logic 9 is half the price of $999 that now... and you can get an edu version for $200.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
maximini
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maximini »

Salomo wrote:that's indeed not very handy in any way, you can use rewire to use ableton's signal you want in logic and record or whatever.
in rewire slve modus all Plugins in Live are deactivated - meaning you can only playback Audio (nice for sampling, though).

If I use Live my workflow is first sketch my Ideas in Live, then bounce it out as WAV loops and continue working on it in Logic.