Alesis Firewire Multimix

- ask away
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Alesis Firewire Multimix

Post by boomstick »

has anyone here used the alesis multimix with firewire? is it any good? it seems like a nice alternative to zedr16 if i want to have a mixer and an audio interface in one.
beam me up
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

wondering this myself :D
Wizz15
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Wizz15 »

Have you looked at the Yahama N8/N12? Seems the sound quality of that mixer is pretty good, there's a pretty big topic about that mixer on GearSlutz.

I've been looking at the Zed R16 and Yamaha N12 myself.
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

Wizz15 wrote:Have you looked at the Yahama N8/N12? Seems the sound quality of that mixer is pretty good, there's a pretty big topic about that mixer on GearSlutz.

I've been looking at the Zed R16 and Yamaha N12 myself.
i'm thinking if i'm gonna pay 1000 or more, i'm gonna go for the zed... but then again it is 700 more than the n12. alesis is good for the budget, but i feel like i need to hear what people think of it
beam me up
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

yeah, id love to get the zed as well but i just cant afford that now, i was hoping to find a good + more affordable firewire mixer as well.
moogz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moogz »

I've had the Zed R16 since last May, and it absolutely rocks.
Beg, borrow or steal. Using VSTs as if they're hardware inserts is sick, and mixing on it is a piece of cake.

There's a big batch with a manufacturing defect, the only drawback. My firewire board died and it's getting serviced, so I've been having a go at mixing what I recorded on it using mouse/laptop, and it's a lot of effort trying to reach the vibe and thump of the original desk mix - so I'm giving up and just waiting til I get it back :)
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

A&H really just needs to make a smaller more affordable mixer WITH firewire like the mackie ones. i mean i guess i could buy one of the smaller usb ones they have but i hear generally usb is weaker in recording audio than firewire is, and also i really wanna use the firewire to do my mix downs outside the box. im about to just buy a mackie...
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

ok been doing some research but im not entirely sure on some thing with the mackie vs the zedr16. i know with the A&H you can route your music from the comp to the channels on the zed and mix outside the box which is its biggest selling point for me but i just cant afford it. im TRYING to find a cheaper alternative that does the same thing and ive been looking at the mackie onyx mixers but it doesnt seem like you have that functionality with it. it seems to me you can only use the firewire to record into your daw and not route audio from your daw to the mixer to mix out the box.

if anybody can confirm or tell me otherwise please let me know, id appreciate it.