World Cup warm up!

- open
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah. lol.

i feel sorry for england now a bit. i saw a shot of Beckham on the bench... he was sad looking.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

fantastic football by the Germans.

Even if England had got the 2nd goal, I'm sure they would have lost, Germany was just a better team today, way better.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

patrick bateman wrote:fantastic football by the Germans.

Even if England had got the 2nd goal, I'm sure they would have lost, Germany was just a better team today, way better.
yep. england have good players but not so great together. i think this is a problem from englush culture... the media and the football lifestyle.

i bet that at least one english newspaper will blame the referee and make a bad joke about germany.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

england's defense was horrible today.. and berry caused 2 goals in 5 minutes..
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

mhhehh.

one thing that annoys me about football. it really brings up some of the worst feelings in people's countries about other nations.

i guess with some people/countries it's just friendly competition, but the England Germany tie is a good example... some pretty bitter rivalry there, and it's not nice that these matches can allow irrational bad feelings to surface.

Partly it's only stupid people and racist people that are crazy enough to make assumptions abou whole nations, but I think it's possible that people who don't mean to be nasty get caught up with these bad feelings.

It seems that all people on this forum are talking the same language of friendly competition and enjoying the sport. So that's good.

Anyone else feel the same?
brownlow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by brownlow »

oblioblioblio wrote:mhhehh.

one thing that annoys me about football. it really brings up some of the worst feelings in people's countries about other nations.

i guess with some people/countries it's just friendly competition, but the England Germany tie is a good example... some pretty bitter rivalry there, and it's not nice that these matches can allow irrational bad feelings to surface.

Partly it's only stupid people and racist people that are crazy enough to make assumptions abou whole nations, but I think it's possible that people who don't mean to be nasty get caught up with these bad feelings.

It seems that all people on this forum are talking the same language of friendly competition and enjoying the sport. So that's good.

Anyone else feel the same?
It's a shame national pride gets in the way of rational thought.

We were shocking - awful organisation and Germany took full advantage of our shortfalls. We deserved to lose.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

omg again a serious misjugde from a ref..

this referees are hilarious
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

next game, next misjudge.. it's getting annoying