Audio Damage releases Axon - FM percussion machine

- ask away
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

per fm synth remarks: i think the "neuron sequencer" is the highlight of this product as opposed to synth. i could be wrong.

per try before you by: ad's return policy is pretty awesome. buy it. if you don't like it then return it for a full refund. just as good or arguably better than a restricted or timed demo.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

AK wrote:
Minimal Samples wrote:
AK wrote:
Minimal Samples wrote:Is there a demo version available?
They don't do demo's but usually have a selection of audio examples on the website.
Shame, I like to try before I buy.
yes, it is a bit of a strange 'tactic' to employ. I doubt I'd ever buy a virtual instrument on the basis of a few audio examples. :|

You go in a music shop and you play with the things before deciding if you wish to purchase them. Logically, it should follow you'd do the same in the virtual instrument world.
theres a 30 day money back. so if you dont like it, you get your money back. (i did it twice and they didnt made any trouble).
also 90 days to replace the license for a different one.
Minimal Samples
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Minimal Samples »

skept wrote:per fm synth remarks: i think the "neuron sequencer" is the highlight of this product as opposed to synth. i could be wrong.

per try before you by: ad's return policy is pretty awesome. buy it. if you don't like it then return it for a full refund. just as good or arguably better than a restricted or timed demo.
Well except for the fact you have to pay up front just to try something out. Which I and many others arent willing to do.
http://minimalsamples.com - Submit 20 original minimal loops & samples and get the entire archive for free.

Techno & Minimal Techno News Blog
anjay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by anjay »

Absolutely love this plug
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

The sequencer sounds like a scaled-down Nodal - really interested in that.

I wish Nodal would offer better plugin/VST support - having to jump through hoops to have it speaking with other stuff in Windows is a pain. Haven't used it in awhile, but really liked the idea behind it.
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

skept wrote:per fm synth remarks: i think the "neuron sequencer" is the highlight of this product as opposed to synth. i could be wrong.
yup. I got it two days ago, and am having loads of fun, controlling FM8, my Juno, and my Kraftzwerg.....

The FM synth isn't terrible, there's just not that many options.

And I will say, it sure is tricky and takes a bit of work to get a pattern that involves the (seemingly) randomness, but doesn't go too far to not be workable. There's this Ryan Davis tune called 'Perlentaucher' tune where the background percussion sounds like its being fired somewhat randomly, or the pattern is reeeeeally long, I wanna make some stuff like that with it.
:D