Komplete7 / Kontakt4

- ask away
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Komplete7 / Kontakt4

Post by PsyTox »

I recently bought Komplete7 because they currently have a discount deal going if you own Reaktor5.
Anyway, one of the main reasons why I bought it was Kontakt4: I found the sampler in Logic a bit lacking possibilities so I figured it would be a great solution to have Kontakt as the sampler. Unfortunately, Kontakt is pretty daunting: it simply has an overwhelmingly strange interface and so many possibilities that makes it completely over the top to work with.

So my question is: does anyone know a good tutorial somewhere that would help me understand a bit of the Kontakt chaos? Or even better, it's modular so if anyone would have a simple straightforward setup that can be loaded into it, that would be awesome. :) I guess it's setup is a bit like Reaktor, so theoretically, loading an 'ensemble-for-kontakt' could solve it...

God, I love Ableton's Simpler, I just wish you had that thing in Logic but with a warping option :)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I'm having the same problem in Cubase. No real simple sampler that I can just chuck samples in quickly. I am having to use rewire to solve this problem, then bounce down the audio parts and import into Cubase.
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dyte »

- How to create your own Kontakt instruments from scratch, including drums, basses and melodies.
- How to make use of groups within instruments.
- Controlling Kontakt using multiple MIDI channels, setting up outputs and routing audio back into your host using up to sixteen output channels.
- Using Kontakt's different playback modes.
- How to use Kontakt's group, instrument and insert effects.
- Using the flexible modulation system to create movement within your sounds.
- How to use Kontakt to slice audio loops, as well as adding different effects to different slices of audio.
http://conservatoriumofaudio.com/index. ... &Itemid=60

haven't tired the kontakt video yet, however have a couple of others that are pretty decent, not that expensive either
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

For people who own the lineup of NI products:

The other day I bought an NI Audio Kontrol 1, and have a voucher for either Absynth, Massive, FM8 or Guitar Rig Pro.

Just wondering what one you would suggest?

I've played around with all of them before (except Guitar Rig) and each seem to have their pro's/cons.

While I do like the range of sounds that FM8 can produce, I'm still feel like i"m at a total loss of understanding in how to use it properly. There is a whole lot of theory it seems like I need to learn before I can even scratch the surface.

I love the sounds that Absynth can produce, great for evolving pads / neat sounds, and seems like with a little bit of know-how can do everything from spaced out evolving pads, to deep basses, to more percussive sounds, but similar to FM8 - my current lack of knowledge feels like I'd be more 'flipping through presets' for a long while before I could start making patches of my own that sound how I want.

I haven't spent that much time with Massive - but ti seems to be the go-to for many people for bass-heavy rich sounds, and from what I have used of it, it seems to be the easiest to work my way around to 'get going' but offers alot of flexibility once you dig down deeper.

My only other piece of gear right now is the NI Maschine, and looking for something solid to compliment it for doing basslines/etc. I'm sort of leaning towards Massive, unless someone could suggest otherwise.
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

I am a big fan of FM8 but any or all of the NI Synths will serve you well. (Forget about the Pro 52, it's not as good as other Prophet models imo and does'nt have the power of the other NI synths.. I don't think any of them are any deeper than any other serious instrument and your going to have to learn this sh!t sometime!!!. They are all capable of a very very wide rang of sounds. Anyway my money's on FM8FM8FM8FM8FM8FM8. Someonelikeyou
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

FM8. 8) So many sounds can be made with FM just by chance. I think it's the most fun form of synthesis.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Komplete7 / Kontakt4

Post by Hades »

PsyTox wrote:I recently bought Komplete7 because they currently have a discount deal going if you own Reaktor5.
Anyway, one of the main reasons why I bought it was Kontakt4: I found the sampler in Logic a bit lacking possibilities so I figured it would be a great solution to have Kontakt as the sampler. Unfortunately, Kontakt is pretty daunting: it simply has an overwhelmingly strange interface and so many possibilities that makes it completely over the top to work with.

So my question is: does anyone know a good tutorial somewhere that would help me understand a bit of the Kontakt chaos? Or even better, it's modular so if anyone would have a simple straightforward setup that can be loaded into it, that would be awesome. :) I guess it's setup is a bit like Reaktor, so theoretically, loading an 'ensemble-for-kontakt' could solve it...

God, I love Ableton's Simpler, I just wish you had that thing in Logic but with a warping option :)
I have exactly the same feeling right now.
I had Kontakt for a while now, and finally decided to dive into it after using Simpler and Sampler for years.
So I'm going through the manual now, and it irritates me with their groups, voice groups, AET,...
and visually, it's just confusing as hell too.
there's like 200 pages of manual before they actually start talking about your sound design tools.

I used Kontakt 1 like 7 years ago, and even though I was a big newbie back then, it was still more clear to me than Kontakt 4 is now after all these years.

anyways, I'm not saying I'm an expert, far from it,
but in a few weeks, I might have tried to make a basic template to start from, and might be able to give you some handy tips if you're interested.
this might take some time, but if I forget about this (I'm not very often here), then just send me a reminder.