Logic Pro crashing all the time

- ask away
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Logic Pro crashing all the time

Post by boomstick »

I've used logic pro for a while. Recently i've been using more sampled drums (for hip-hop and garage stuff). Pretty much every single time i use ultrabeat and try to make a kit, Logic crashes. Crashes seem to also happen alot when im playing stuff while adjusting parameters of instrumens. I'm using Logic Pro 8, so there's really nothing i can do short of upgrading to 9 (and im pretty much skint right now). Has anyone else had similar problems? Should I just reinstall it?
beam me up
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

Have you tried Trashing the Preferences for Logic? (User/Lib/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist) Or selecting Initialise all Except Key Commands from the Logic Preferences Menu? Sounds like perhaps the Preference file could have become Corrupted. What does Console say when Logic crashes? Have you installed any new Pluginns? Someonelikeyou.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

hi boomstick,

what version of osx are u running?
what mac hardware have u got?
are u using external drives/?
upgrading to Lp9 shouldn't be nessessary if it ran without problems before.

cheers
lem
someonelikeyou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by someonelikeyou »

upgrading to Lp9 shouldn't be nessessary if it ran without problems before.

Absolutely. Someonelikeyou.
Utopian82
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Utopian82 »

someonelikeyou wrote:Have you tried Trashing the Preferences for Logic? (User/Lib/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist) Or selecting Initialise all Except Key Commands from the Logic Preferences Menu? Sounds like perhaps the Preference file could have become Corrupted. What does Console say when Logic crashes? Have you installed any new Pluginns? Someonelikeyou.
+1 Every problem I've had with Logic has been because of the preferences. Also remove com.apple.logic.pro.cs

After you've removed these files from the folder restart the computer otherwise Logic will start with the same issue.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Utopian82 wrote:
someonelikeyou wrote:Have you tried Trashing the Preferences for Logic? (User/Lib/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist) Or selecting Initialise all Except Key Commands from the Logic Preferences Menu? Sounds like perhaps the Preference file could have become Corrupted. What does Console say when Logic crashes? Have you installed any new Pluginns? Someonelikeyou.
+1 Every problem I've had with Logic has been because of the preferences. Also remove com.apple.logic.pro.cs

After you've removed these files from the folder restart the computer otherwise Logic will start with the same issue.
Right. Trash your preferences and you should be fine.