using 1 fx unit on 2 mixers

- ask away
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

using 1 fx unit on 2 mixers

Post by MarcAshken »

So ive got another mixer to compliment my little mackie 14 channel jobby, currently I have my mpx1 hooked upto the aux 1 of the mackie, but Id like to use it on both mixers aux 1's. Is this possible? Cos I wanna dedicate the mackie to just my drum machine's (via patchbays) and it'd be nice to add some decent verb to the drums individual channels before I route the mixers output to my new desk. Does this make sense lol?
Thanks for any help
x
satavarma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by satavarma »

Can you set aux sends to pre-fader mode in the mixer that has the effect? Then you could just route aux output from mixer 1 to a channel in mixer 2 (which has the effect), set channel level to zero and set (pre-fader) send level in a way that both mixers give roughly same amount of reverb when using sends.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

not sure what u mean, but i aint bothered bout where it returns to, just 1 stereo channel on one on the mixers will suffice. Im sure I must be able to create a split send cable somehow, i think this is the only way ill manage it
x
mizzdirekt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mizzdirekt »

patchbay
satavarma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by satavarma »

MarcAshken wrote:not sure what u mean, but i aint bothered bout where it returns to, just 1 stereo channel on one on the mixers will suffice. Im sure I must be able to create a split send cable somehow, i think this is the only way ill manage it
x
When the effect is attached to aux send of one of the mixers, then you just got to cable the aux output from the other mixer to a channel in the other and make sure that it's going only through the effect, no doubling the dry signal. This possible by using pre fader send with the channel fader at zero.

I hope you get this working.