Ableton Live Performances

- ask away
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Ableton Live Performances

Post by kdgh »

I'm working on my live performance for my graduation and it's going quite well with just 1 UC-33 as controller.

Tho i would like to know of others how they midi map everything and fill in their clips just out curiosity.

I will upload an image of how did it a.s.a.p.

This might solve some problems and could trigger some creativity to make the most flexible and bulletproof ableton liveset
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

I have a bcf-2000 and a korg nanokontrol (I'm thinking of replacing the bcf with another nanokontrol)

My old setup, which I'm the most comfortable with, runs 8 channels with midi-mapped lo&hipass filters, 4 sends which are midimapped to additional presets on the bcf. The nanokontrol has 9 "channels" on it, so the 9th one I use for controlling headphone gain and navigating through clips. On every channel I use the bcf's two buttons for switching channel mute and preview on and off, and on the nanokontrol I trigger the clip currently highlighted and in the right position (basically the "channel 9" navigates up and down and the others simply trigger)

At the moment I am implementing a midi-channel that is sending to my Mopho, which will be running through an effect pedal or two (once I get that cheap plastic sh!t to work). The mopho uses an audio channel for input which is continually armed and recording.

On top of that I am tweaking another audio channel to send audio to trigger an mBrane, which in turn is being recorded by another audio channel. The only thing is that the mBrane is sensitive to the input gain and needs to be calibrated preset by preset, I might ditch the whole thing of using presets on it and just start out with one that I keep tweaking throughout the set.

Unless my two >£40 a piece pedals starts working I'm considering getting an Alesis Nanoverb.

I am in no sense an ableton wiz, I use cubase for producing and have never done a track on ableton, it's purely for playing around live, so any input on what I can do in a more slimlined way would be great!

As for the structure of the songs/clips I am trying to experiment forth a formula that goes something like: beat, bass, synth, misc. In other words I try to keep things simple and the clips will be pretty rich in themselves.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

There's just 1 track in ableton as you can see, but this is how i work now.
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

that's cool with grouping the channels like that, im definitly going to try that, as it would make things a lot simpler. I'm going to play around a little with my setup the next week or two and see what I come up with.