New Arc Controller... thoughts

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

hydrogen wrote:I'm curious... what sequencer are you using btw?
This is the sequencer I was referring to in my previous post:

It's a sequencer I've designed and programmed myself. It's going to be 32 step / dual 16 step / quad 8 step with a separate clock for each. For prototyping purposes, it's 8 / 4 / 2 at the moment. I've actually just finished up the firmware and I'm in the process of designing an enclosure for it.

I realize the difference in encoders and potentiometers. Encoders are endless, while pots have a fixed range. Also, encoders are much more prone to being glitchy and fucking up. Possibly why these guys are coming out with a high grade encoder.

Admittedly, I'm quite ignorant when it comes to MAX/MSP. People are doing really cool things with it and the monome (among other things). I'm sure this is aimed directly at that crowd. I still think $800 is a ton of cash for 4 encoders, but I'm obviously not seeing what monome/Max guys see in this product.

Sorry to de-rail any enthusiasm for this product. :D
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Phase Ghost wrote: Sorry to de-rail any enthusiasm for this product. :D
discussions are good! :D

siiick project... its going in a modular? or does it sequence midi?
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

beautiful!
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

hydrogen wrote:siiick project... its going in a modular? or does it sequence midi?
It's going to be sequencing my modular, but it will be a stand alone unit with it's own housing and power supply. It could also be used to sequence any gear that use cv/gate in the 0-5v range as well. I hope to have it completely built by March.

It doesn't do midi, but I'm quite sorted in that department with Numerology and the Launchpad.
lowpassfellow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lowpassfellow »

the arc went on sale last night at 7pm GMT+1. the arc 4 was sold out in 15 minutes (i think there were 50 units) and tehn extended the amount of available units from 50 to 100 for the arc 2.

did you get yours? :)