which reverb (setting?)

- ask away
Daeronb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

which reverb (setting?)

Post by Daeronb »

Yoyo,
So im working with ableton, and i onw the pcm reverb (and ofc the ableton one). Im looking for a reverb sound that realy clearly retains the characteristic sound of the sound it is reverbing. In contrast to reverb that just goes into somewhat of a noise sound with only a tiny bit of original sound retained ( and often only for the first few seconds).

How do i get this done? So for example i have this standard 880hz pluck sound, but i want the reverb to retair most of the exact sound.

i hope im making, and hope even more someone will be able to give me a few pointers.

cheers1
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

it sounds like you want more release on your instruments?
'
Reverbs are built to simulate more or less distorted, tiny echoes, and you can't get away from that fact. Usually the diffusion knob is the most direct controll for this sound, but the pre-delay also plays a role.

Also it depends a lot on the dry sound how the reverb will sound (yeah, duh...) but if the sample itself contains a lot of high freq energy this will affect the whole reverb, you can try low-passing before reverbing but the difference wont be spectacular.

Another option you can try (if you do not have a release knob to turn up) is to use a delay with high feedback and a very short delay time (>50Hz). It might sound like a spring, but it's something to play around with at least.