any synth recommendations under €650,-?

- ask away
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

also looking for something in this range thats good for pads?
currently have an sh101, rest software
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

In that range you might want to look into an SCI Prophet600/Multitrak/Sixtrak...

There is always the Roland Alpha Juno, Juno60 or Juno 106

You might also want to look into a Korg DW-8000 or Poly 61m.

You are coming in at a price point that is the no-mans land between cheap old digital stuff, and really expensive VCO poly stuff.

If you have saved up that much money, I would recommend saving a bit more and getting something really nice that you are going to keep in the studio for the next decade.

I would also ask how good you are at programming and how good you are at music in general? I am not asking as a smart ass, but just curious about your level of experience and knowledge.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

im currently eyeing up a SE1, BLM put me onto it, looks like a proper synth, chunky pots, cant be doing with fiddly controls, sounds well fat too
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

if u want polyphonic for pads etc, I use a Nord Lead 2 rack, nice lil machine, prolly pick it up fairly cheap too, its digital but I run it thru a tube preamp and it adds some nice dirt, still not analogue tho, yet to find a nice poly analogue I can afford
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Where are you eyeing that synth up Marc?
DeeperDub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DeeperDub »

Casanova808 wrote: I would also ask how good you are at programming and how good you are at music in general? I am not asking as a smart azz, but just curious about your level of experience and knowledge.
@Casanova808 - hard to answer i think, but your're free to get an idea of my work on soundcloud => http://soundcloud.com/bmus

@all others - a lot of food for thoughts... thx so far!
techno isn't about the past, it's about the future -

if you can't agree about that, then you're house