modular etc etc

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by oblioblioblio »

i can't really be arsed to think about it that much.

i just got my third dual cyclotron. (one got damaged in shipping, one got sold on). i've got problems of my own.

i spent ages looking for the right kick drum type machine. went thru metasonix d-1000, jessica rylan's Jealous Heart. Was close to ordering a Cwejman BLD but decided that Mike Brown got something magical going on with the DC (paired with the Dalek Modulator... 2 simple non tracking VCO's plus Ring Mod).

Also sold a bunch of other stuff and am getting a Wiard Waveform City. Very similar to Harvestman Piston Honda. Looking forward to it. Analogue oscillator 'reading' a digital wavetable. Expect good things from it.
metaBit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by metaBit »

Hey all,

I wanted to share a max4live device that I made to control my TipTopAudio 808 drum modules.

http://www.musicalgeometry.com/?p=1692

Note2CCGate converts MIDI notes to CC gates. This could have many uses but the intended purpose was to control modular synthesizer drum modules from within Live. To do this you need to put Note2CCGate on a MIDI track that goes to a MIDI to CV interface that can convert MIDI CC to control voltage.

Even though the TipTopAudio drums only need a rising edge I made the device send gates because this may be more flexible and provide opportunities for other uses. The interface allows you to set the CC value to output and also includes a MIDI Panic button in case of stuck notes.

I've actually been working outside the box a lot lately but I just don't have the cash for a full featured sequencing setup so until then, I am glad to have a way to program my drums from Ableton.

Hope some of you find this useful. :-)
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Hey man, pretty cool!

Have you looked into Numerology at all? I sound like a broken record recommending this software, but it's tr style sequencing at it's core (and can be re-wired to live).
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i took the first steps towards bankcruptcy yesterday. ordered a tiptop happy ending kit and a few modules to process noise/fx/background/atmosphere/drone things. its gonna be sweet!

so i guess in a year i'll be sitting here with a full 9U...
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

thomasjaldemark wrote:
yep. in 1 month you'll be thinking about what you can sell to get there.

have fun!
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

thomasjaldemark wrote:i took the first steps towards bankcruptcy yesterday. ordered a tiptop happy ending kit and a few modules to process noise/fx/background/atmosphere/drone things. its gonna be sweet!

just dont sell your ass bro.

hey mnml whats with the AZZ thing, i wanted to say ass (with s not z), thats a proper english word....
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Even tho its a word, some filters block any site with that word in. I remember not being able to get on any record store websites at school because of filters.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

can you be proper english and say arse?

edit: i guess so!