music in the universe - fact or dream

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

mayzee wrote:we can't move through thses dimensions as they're all small ......., but energy can transfer in and out of them...

:arrow: :idea:
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

:)

yeah... but no...

this energy transfer is something inherent to the way the universe is.... mmmm-kay... basically if we subscribe to string theory as an example, esch point like subatomic partcle can be repreesented as a string or some other higher dimensional shape...

its like a quark is seen as a point, but only because thats the bit of the vibration that pokes through into our observable universe, whereas in fact the quark may be more like a vibration on a rope (1D), or a drum skin (2D) or in a fluid (3D) or even higher orders... we just see the set of vibrations which appear in our useable dimensions... so whilst energy can travel in and out of these other dimensions, its only energy that is part of the subatomic processes...

have a look at the extra dimensions bit here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory
big_edd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by big_edd »

your all wrong :P

you've forgotten to take into account that sound is a part of the electromagnetic spectrum i.e. low frequency oscillations.

therefore, it is by coincidence (or design?) that we can 'hear' these frequencies and 'see' others.

I guess my point is that other life forms may 'see' our sound and we may be seeing their sound...

8)

ello matt [waves]
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

Did you know that the universe vibrates at a constant Bflat all the time? It comes from the center of the Milkyway, and science believes it is from a blackhole. Sound is also something Unique. It must be carried by a friendly medium, and most places that have no atmosphere will carry no sound at all. Our world is truly beautiful in that respect.
MickyMaus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MickyMaus »

i knew this thread would go in that direction!

when it comes to the universe and music there is no question, that since music=math and math=music... the universe is music all from the scratch...

but don`t just limit music on sound... music in my opinion is harmony/disharmony and rhythm... und these viewpoints the universe is nothing but music...

and some good mysic IMO...
cheers
pizzamon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pizzamon »

So true about the universe being a symphony. But music is more than rhythm alone.