ll [2] Kontakt RTW mixed by Richie Hawtin ll

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

My opinion doesn't matter...that much we all know. But neither does anybody's on this forum really, as an opinion is a personal thing. And guess what, that is what forums are for...explaining how you feel about something. Sorry for the negative tone in this thread and some others, but I give out an equal if not greater amount of positive vibes on other threads. It's not like I am chicken running around with my head cut off, bitching for no reason. I just call 'em how I see 'em, no matter who they are or what they do. If Rich, Troy, or any other producer does something amazing tomorrow that I'm really into, I'll be the first to give props.

Unrelated to anything m-nus...
You know, some people say negative vibes are horrible for discussion forums but I think it's really important. If everybody tells a certain DJ/producer that he/she is amazing...the person may feel they're doing no wrong and what they're doing is "okay." But, obviously there will always be people out there who aren't going to be into it, and I think their voice is just as important. Sometimes they have something really worthwhile to say. I think a lot of producers these days just go for safe tracks they know their fans will love. Producers should focus on making tracks that will "wow" people who aren't their fans. If a producer has a track on his hands that can impress his fans, "wow" people not into the producer's sound, or even turn them on to listening to the genre...then that my friend, is a killer fucking track.

As for Richie, sorry...I guess I just get frustrated when a man with all the money and fame he needs and a killer record collection most of us can't even fathom, settles for mediocrity. You understand what I'm saying? With so much power and potential it just seems to be wasted away sometimes.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote: You know, some people say negative vibes are horrible for discussion forums but I think it's really important.
You're right, criticism is a very important thing. But that's only when it's constructive. I don't see how making blanket statements about things being a letdown or some release being garbage really helps any conversation.

What specifically don't you like about things? What would you do to improve them? Answering those questions is when criticism becomes useful and your comments contribute something special to the discussion.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:
slacknoise wrote:is it possible to be more ungrateful and annoying?!?!? it's a FREE promo cd of unreleased trax... please give me a break!
Ungrateful? While it may seem ungrateful I always appreciate free music, or at least the opportunity to experience new music. The reason for my negative tone lines solely with Richie moreso than the artists. The guy is a legend who seems even to hold himself to a very high standard of quality and perfection for his projects. He brought you, Magda, Marc, and the rest of the gang up the ranks and since then he's started his own downward decline. While it's beneficial to you guys, I feel the new m-nus crew is more capable of rocking a floor than Richie these days (when he doesn't ask you guys to play it down before he goes on). So yeah, maybe I am ungrateful with this CD...it depends how you look at it. It's just sad to see such strong influences in your life slowly lose their touch.

Looking for something positive from me? After listening to the CD two more times, I actually like some of your tracks best Troy! And to be honest, I'm usually not into your material as much as the others. I figured Marc Houle would steal the CD for me prior to listening but it wasn't his strongest suit. Your DC10 track, while not amazing for me, is a really good effort and the melodic hook is a good step towards a new sound. I also really like how you took Model8 and made it your own. I appreciate it when DJs make their own edits or take tracks and warp them so they're something special. We've all heard Model8 a million times, so if you can add your own twist to get more life out of it, all the power to you!
unless you were at the minus night at fabric a month or so back, then i'm sorry i can't accept your view on richie. he was f*kin incredible that night.....the full spectrum of techno>> minimal to maximal. everyone has such high expectations of him, and rightly soo, but that night to me proves why everyones expectations are so high, because he was THAT good!
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

sounds spot on to me! cheers troy, adam etc etc for the beats and keep em coming! m-nus nights in berlin and fabric when properly on form have been some of the very best nights for me in 15 years of clubbing! :)
unclesomebody
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unclesomebody »

To return to a subject more in line with the original post, the rapidshare link (the 320kbps version) doesn't appear to be working. Is this just my ineptitude or is it dud? Thanks
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

unclesomebody wrote:To return to a subject more in line with the original post, the rapidshare link (the 320kbps version) doesn't appear to be working. Is this just my ineptitude or is it dud? Thanks
it works for me ... i have no problems with the rapidshare link ...
unclesomebody
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unclesomebody »

Then I really don't understand... Thanks for letting me know. You don't have a premium account do you?
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

unclesomebody wrote:Then I really don't understand... Thanks for letting me know. You don't have a premium account do you?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mr0s7m