Creating chords like DeepChord?

- ask away
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

the echospace/deepchord sound is achieved by mastering to analogue tape. that's how they get that nice hissing/noise sound. synth to tape to filter back to tape through delay, filter again, back to tape. i mean there's an infinite number of ways to do this. i think the underlying theme is to manipulate what sounds plain at first, until you achieve a sound that is nothing like what you began with.

i would suggest going back to the 70's and 80's and listening to real, actual dub music. same idea, the feedback from reverb and delay sounds run through filters. the important thing is to let the sound develop it's own unique texture.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Here are lots of tips on getting a nice dubby sound! Worth a read! ;)

http://www.interruptor.ch/dub_sound.shtml
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

pafufta816 wrote:the echospace/deepchord sound is achieved by mastering to analogue tape. that's how they get that nice hissing/noise sound. synth to tape to filter back to tape through delay, filter again, back to tape. i mean there's an infinite number of ways to do this. i think the underlying theme is to manipulate what sounds plain at first, until you achieve a sound that is nothing like what you began with.

i would suggest going back to the 70's and 80's and listening to real, actual dub music. same idea, the feedback from reverb and delay sounds run through filters. the important thing is to let the sound develop it's own unique texture.
This!
moveable parts
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moveable parts »

michaellpenman wrote:
Casanova808 wrote:
lol
great now you can make all the stabs you want but nothing else, plus you to clean up the mess outside.
not the best advice.
If only you knew...
i do know
It's pretty clear that you don't know. The Deep Chord interview pretty much gives the answer. You failed to read between the lines. Martian Telecom listed the following equipment: Akai S950, an Alesis MMT8, a Yamaha DX100, a mixing board, one multi effects processor, and a Roland vs880.
You: are only able to make stabs with it, where as others: will make whole tracks. I suggest you stay ITB and keep making tutorials for yourself and all those others who are just grasping at straws and don't have a clue.
The beat is like a river....it must flow.