Considering switching to Mac with Logic

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i'm waiting for the i5/i7 to become cheaper. that will probably be at the end of the year. intel are acting like a monopoly with their pricing for those processors and it's not benefiting the consumer. Apple don't like this and they have been talking to AMD. so we'll either see AMD macs or intel will start behaving themselves.

and the reason i dropped logic for pro tools was because of the audio editing. even with flex time and beat slicing pro tools is still ahead.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Rookas wrote:im talking bout mac vs pc , you get twice more when buying pc:))
im not saying buy computer for 1.5k , i myself still have P4 haha but i dont use vsts .. but you could buy a pc with i7 for that price maybe abit more idk the prices in uk that much :) anyway i would go either for pc or for a better performance mac. i would say mac mini for 500 is not good at all
+1 if i didn't need a laptop i would have gone pc... still wishing i had a pc desktop right now.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

@hydrogen, what's wrong with ur MAC laptop? why wud I prefer a pc?
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

@hydrogen, what's wrong with ur MAC laptop? why wud I prefer a pc?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

tone-def wrote:i'm waiting for the i5/i7 to become cheaper. that will probably be at the end of the year. intel are acting like a monopoly with their pricing for those processors and it's not benefiting the consumer. Apple don't like this and they have been talking to AMD. so we'll either see AMD macs or intel will start behaving themselves.
In exactly 1 year when I am planning to upgrade my mbp, the price for i7's should be fair (I hope!)...
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Do you use your MBP for production or do you have desktop systems?
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

i think it doesnt matter is it a laptop or imac or pc (the box lol) i myself dont find needing a laptop , cause i dont travel thgat much and i dont do any music on pc, desktops are cheaper and easily upgradable, but you can get a laptop and use it like some kind of hybrid , with a dock or just external mouse and monitor but only if you take it away everyday or atleast 4-5times a week, its funny when people buy laptops and they only sit there where the desktop could lol
its all about the rhythm
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

patrick bateman wrote:
tone-def wrote:i'm waiting for the i5/i7 to become cheaper. that will probably be at the end of the year. intel are acting like a monopoly with their pricing for those processors and it's not benefiting the consumer. Apple don't like this and they have been talking to AMD. so we'll either see AMD macs or intel will start behaving themselves.
In exactly 1 year when I am planning to upgrade my mbp, the price for i7's should be fair (I hope!)...
i really hope so. that quad core imac is faster than the 8 core mac pro!