is creating really jacking music the biggest challange?

- ask away
databass
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by databass »

to the OP. I sometimes think the same about my own music. I have often in the past set out to make dancefloor tracks and invariably failed every time. As someone else has already pointed out, it's all about balance. I for instance end up with a sound somewhat similar to Booka Shade (nowhere near as good though) when I set out to make dancefloor tracks and at first I was pretty disappointed but you just have to learn to embrace your own style and keep working at it trying to move outside of your comfort zone on every new track you make.

If you are good at making ambient, make ambient, then stick an enormous Kickdrum underneath it, see how it turns out. experiment, don't set out to make a particular track, just go with the flow and eventually you will get to where you want to be.

Oh yeah, and Jacking rhythms, it's all in the silence bro. word
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

Thanks for your answers folks, it really good to read some other opinions.

I refer to "jacking house" because of the feeling from these old jacking house tunes which makes me dance instantly, I meant this feeling, this urge to move and the ability to make you smile when you hear it in a club. This feeling is something I'm looking for in my music regardless if it's done with a 909 or not.

And since he his mentioned a couple of times in this thread... I love shed too :)
Ldizzy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ldizzy »

everytime i make smething that jacks properly, the hardest part seems to add up to it so the song gets full, without ruining it..

its always been the challenge for me.. quite hard