will the problems ever go away?

- ask away
T.C.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by T.C. »

If the problem is the same with all of your synths, and it's not the cables, it's gotta be something with the soundcard (either hardware, firmware, software, or settings). Also if you are looking at the level meter within a DAW, definitely check the settings you have.

Theoretically both your level meter and ears could be busted, but I think that's pretty unlikely :lol:

I'd definitely recommend checking settings, doing updates, and/or reinstalling anything before going out and buying a new soundcard.
thefunnel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thefunnel »

I had a similar problem. The Trim was boosted too much in my MOTU Ultralite's CueMix settings for one channel, so any stereo devices I had hooked up to channels 1 and 2, were immediately unbalanced.

Turned the trim down, works fine now.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

i get sh!t like this all the time, i just pan the channel slightly and move on, stop bein so anal ;)
x
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

For some reason the pan knobs on my soundcard don make a difference otherwise I would do that.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Is this the same on your esq?

My tetra has the same issue. You have to adjust the panning in the master section on he hardware... The update gives you more control but It will never be perfect. Just correct it in the mix, or record it mono.

Nothing needs to be panned 100% center anyways. A little difference will bring life to your stereo mix.
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

he doesnt trust stereo tho
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

try using different inputs on the soundcard.

are you using any stereo effects on the synths? if not then you might as well record in mono.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Its the same for the ESQ yes.

I updated the prophet and have used the balance tweek thing ( i assume you mean this as it wasn't on the previous update) and its still the same.

I have been using the utilities in Ableton to correct it. If I select the 'right' utlity it sorts it out, but it does change the sound ever so slightly so would prefer to find out why its doing this.

I record the ESQ in mono already, but I like to record to P08 in Stereo as I feel it sounds better.