will the problems ever go away?

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

will the problems ever go away?

Post by ::BLM:: »

So over the last few days I have noticed a problem when recording my synths. For some reason the signal is stronger on one side, so when I record you can hear/see the signal recording at a higher level on one side.

I have the Echo Audiofire 12, a Prophet 08 and a Ensoniq ESQ1. I bought brand new wires, so its not that and I updated the Prophet because in the manual it says if you have a stronger signal on one side to update it and change a parameter in the global settings which I have done, but still its doing it.

All the panning pots on the Audiofire remain in the middle, so its not that.

I am thinking it must be a problem with the soundcard, but I have no idea because I? have played around with all the settings.

Anyone have any ideas because I cant work it out and I just want to make some music.
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

if you want to make sure if its the soundcard or not just plug another synth or a mic and compare the two inputs.

other than that, i have no idea.....
KryoShift
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by KryoShift »

Try cleaning the contacts on the side that is lower (interface and synth).

Try swapping cables to see if that is your problem.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Well I only have 2 synths and its exactly the same with both of them. I'm going to a mates in a bit to try with his soundcard to see if i have the same problem.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

its the cables
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

How is it the cables when I went out and bought brand new ones? I thought it might be the cables so I bought various new sets and i'm still having the same problem.
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

how long are they? it could be that they have slightly different resistance (dont know the exact term), causing one to output a slightly weaker signal.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I have tried 3 sets of cables each 3m long.