Headaphones for production..

- ask away
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

^^me too. But only for composition, never for mixing.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

is there another pair of Beyerdynamic headphones that look exactly the same as the DT 990 pro?
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Headaphones for production..

Post by Phurniture »

Stomper wrote:
Armando wrote:How do you find producing with the headphones?
It sucks. there is no replacement for good monitors.
youll always lack the feel of the bass, so youll end up turning the volume up and hurt your ears. so be careful when using headphones (i think semi open are somewhat of a solution to take some pressure off the ears).

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan10/a ... phones.htm
Albeit far from ideal, would the use of reference tracks and/or a spectrum analyzer alleviate some of the bass related issues when it comes to mixing with cans?
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Headaphones for production..

Post by Stomper »

Phurniture wrote:Albeit far from ideal, would the use of reference tracks and/or a spectrum analyzer alleviate some of the bass related issues when it comes to mixing with cans?
IMO depends on the person.
for me producing on headphones and referencing a day later when i can turn up the volume only to find that it doesnt sound as good as it does on headphones is just frustrating and trying to fix it to sound good on monitors is time wasted that i could exploited for better things because i always end up with the feeling i spent an hour or more to get back to the same place i was in yesterday on my headphones.
for me excessive use of frequency analyzer just takes out the fun from making music. i need to feel it, i need to feel the drive to know where i want it to go next.

if you can use frequency analyzer and get good result just by looking at it without it feeling too mechanical than you probably have the abilities to be a great mixing engineer.
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

Beyer Dynamics 990 Pro, great headphones...to use at night.
The 880, the 770 and the 990 look pretty much the same...but you have the 32 ohms imedance for the 990
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
MarcAshken
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MarcAshken »

might be worth having a look at this box

www.focusrite.com/VRM_box