I want a thik analog nice LFO's very simple to use Bass Mon

- ask away
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

I want a thik analog nice LFO's very simple to use Bass Mon

Post by MarojeT »

I have narrowed it to: Waldof Pulse or Moog Little Phatty

Anybody used any of these and what is your opinion.

Thank you.
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MarojeT »

By the way I have Dave Smith Mono Evolver desktop, witch I lost my patience with. Not for me. Anybody interested in buying? its only 3 months old. I have original box and manual too.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

I was going to suggest the the Evolver...

If I had cash, it surely would be an option (but I think I'd go for a Nord g2 :drool:). A buddy of mine has the keyboard vesion. I REALLY like it.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

MarojeT wrote:By the way I have Dave Smith Mono Evolver desktop, witch I lost my patience with. Not for me. Anybody interested in buying? its only 3 months old. I have original box and manual too.
I was considering getting one (no room for any of the other versions). What didn't you like about it?
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MarojeT »

Its very hard to use. At least to me. I like to see stuff on the screen (Kind of like machine drum). here everything is printed on the front panel and you have to read these little printings and find your way trough modulators, velocitys, oscilators, LFO's. I mean if you take the time and learn this it might be mindblowing synht. Sounds Amaizing. I just want something with more knobs and very easy to program.
Measax
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Measax »

go to the evolver website and have a look at the software...it works through midi and it will make like with that thing much easier...

p.s. it really isn't for making standard sounds...it makes weird sounds..

its funny...everyone always wants to know how to make a minimal techno sound or weird sounds and i always wana say try a dave evolver..but its is very difficult...you have to read the manuel...twice...hell three times and refer to it often...it isn't for quick and simple programming.

I think you would be best with a little phaty from what it sounds...devilish piece of gear and well worth the price...or you could save a grand and get an old sh101 but the midi (unless you get one modded) isn't there.

Akai samplers also make bass tones sound really fat...I got an s1000 really cheap on ebay (50 bucks!) and it delievers. CRUNCH and FAT. but they are samples but they have some really cool envelopers that let you do some cool sh!t to the samples.

If you don't want much leg work and instant results though...little fat. I would keep the evolver though...you'll want some odd sounds at some point and you may end up wanting it back. The software makes it easy though. check it out (50 bucks from the website). hope the info helps.
MarojeT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MarojeT »

Thank you. I had no idea about that editing software for evolver. I just got a demo and if I like it then evolver stays. I guess you are right. i would definietly regret it in a future if i sell it now. I need to put some time in to it and give it a chance.
Measax wrote:go to the evolver website and have a look at the software...it works through midi and it will make like with that thing much easier...

p.s. it really isn't for making standard sounds...it makes weird sounds..

its funny...everyone always wants to know how to make a minimal techno sound or weird sounds and i always wana say try a dave evolver..but its is very difficult...you have to read the manuel...twice...hell three times and refer to it often...it isn't for quick and simple programming.

I think you would be best with a little phaty from what it sounds...devilish piece of gear and well worth the price...or you could save a grand and get an old sh101 but the midi (unless you get one modded) isn't there.

Akai samplers also make bass tones sound really fat...I got an s1000 really cheap on ebay (50 bucks!) and it delievers. CRUNCH and FAT. but they are samples but they have some really cool envelopers that let you do some cool sht to the samples.

If you don't want much leg work and instant results though...little fat. I would keep the evolver though...you'll want some odd sounds at some point and you may end up wanting it back. The software makes it easy though. check it out (50 bucks from the website). hope the info helps.