what should I buy?

- ask away
XmikeeX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

what should I buy?

Post by XmikeeX »

hi everyone! :oops:

I got nice laptop, SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS notebook, UC-33, Novation Remote SL and Headphones Beyerdnamics DT 77.

I want to do live do you thing my soundcard is fine just for start?

Iam afraid of hearlossing cuz i just have headphones so i pass long hours on computer with heaphones on should i buy monitors just for start?
:S
sorry for my grammar
www.myspace.com/xmikeex
love me love you =)
cebec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: what should I buy?

Post by cebec »

XmikeeX wrote:hi everyone! :oops:

I got nice laptop, SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS notebook, UC-33, Novation Remote SL and Headphones Beyerdnamics DT 77.

I want to do live do you thing my soundcard is fine just for start?

Iam afraid of hearlossing cuz i just have headphones so i pass long hours on computer with heaphones on should i buy monitors just for start?
:S
sorry for my grammar
I would buy a different sound card with better ASIO drivers. Get a firewire-based interface with 24-bit/96 kHz converters.

You can mix on headphones but even with monitors you can damage your hearing. Keep the monitor level lower and your ears will adjust. If you find that you keep turning up the volume, it's time to take a break. You should get some monitors, too.
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Yep, a new soundcard would be nice... forget headphones for monitoring, it's hard to control the bass frequencies with them. Also, volume isn't the key ;-)