[archpl007] Pheek - En Légère Suspension Remixes vol 1

Post by pheek »

"En Légère Suspension Remixes Vol 1"
Pheek remixed by Tim Xavier and Mathias Kaden
Format: Vinyl, digital bonus
Release date: August 2007
Cat. Archpl007
Distribution by Complete-USA

With Labelboss Pheek's album "En Légère Suspension" being loved by many for its eloquent detailing and organic, electronic psychedelia, we are happy to bring you a collection of remixes of select tracks from the album. For the remixing purposes, Archipel called two favourites to compile a colourful mix between warm afterhours and peak time music.

"Aye Aya Ashawa" gets treated by Mathias Kaden and molded into an exotic, humid cloud of hypnotic, densely layered quasi-tribal percussion with the original vocal presenting itself in a very visual hypnagogic manner The excellently driving and hypnotic "Orage Solaire" gets put through the wringer by Tim Xavier who highlights the hypnotic nature of the original and darkens the tone a little more into a jittering, pulsing aural storm.

Bonus remixes available online includes 3 more tracks. Butane's "6AM Remix" of "5AM" is an excursion into an atmosphere of swirling funk and acidic sweeps set to infect and twist numerous minds.

Alka Rex's remix of "Can" is a deep, dark and heavy low-slung spiral of psychotropic thought coiling and knotting itself perpetually through an ocean of low end frequencies. Sul.a retouches title track "En Légère Suspension" with a shimmering, fuzzy brushstroke which takes on dreamy and almost Sigur Rósian tendencies of light, glittering bitcrushed and stuttering samples.

Already massively played by Audion, Audio Werner, Onur Ozur, Chris Liebing with a solid feedback.

Samples of the vinyl release available on Archipel's Myspace.
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

I really dig the Kaden Remix - hypnotic and tribal are some good attempts to describe the feeling. Delivers a great groove and got a nose for interesting sounds. Good work, in my world.

The Tim Xavier one is in my opinion *caught*......boring..... . Matter of taste probably.

I'm very excited about the Alka Rex remix, but no samples yet.... :cry:
Let us know when and where they're ready to spot.
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

mo's taverne wrote:I really dig the Kaden Remix - hypnotic and tribal are some good attempts to describe the feeling. Delivers a great groove and got a nose for interesting sounds. Good work, in my world.

The Tim Xavier one is in my opinion *caught*......boring..... . Matter of taste probably.
Thanks for your honest words, it's really appreciated :D I really understand what you mean but I'm happy with those tracks. I think Tim's a great bait for dancefloor DJs and it's a plus for record sales, which allows us to make a good balance between the trippy tracks and the more upbeat stuff.

As for the other tracks, I'm settling our mp3 shop with previews. I hope you will like Alka Rex's take :idea:
digitalbunny
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by digitalbunny »

They're definately 2 very different remixes.
Good to see how archipel are thinking about and putting their releases together. Xavier remix will definately get some play at peak times you would think!
I personally really like both of them and look forward to hearing the rest.
Congrats.
Medik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Medik »

wonderful tracks here...
Medik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Medik »

*double post*
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

Thanks for your honest words, pheek.

I understand your way of release politcs, and i think the right balance between tracks is really determining the sales of a vinyl release these days.

I think the "Jpls - Program" release on minus e.g. is probably one of their worst sales....... :wink: (for me one of the most interesting in a looong run).

But at the end of the day, there's only the (good) music which counts, never mind on which media or format.

Keep up the good work !
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

the kaden rmx is really nice indeed! :) though think it would have been even better without the vocal

the xavier rmx is nice as well, but sounds a bit straight forward, though probably good for the floor :o

really curious about the alka_rex remix though!!