first attempt at making a track

- music
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

first attempt at making a track

Post by goomba »

http://www.zshare.net/audio/52949644afe21fa1/

its not very good.. im just asking for some advice/critisism so i can improve the track. hasnt been mastered or anything.. i just mixed it whilst recording.
cheers!
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

bump any advice would be great
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

I'll take a peek...
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

thanks bud
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

i like some of the sounds. the haunting melodie is very nice.
the drum and percussion sounds are a bit dry. You could spice them up a bit.
also a miss a part where it realy grooves. maybe with a bit more complex percussion to give it a bit of a push. at the moment it is hypnotic but the drive is missing for me.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

northernlight wrote:i like some of the sounds. the haunting melodie is very nice.
the drum and percussion sounds are a bit dry. You could spice them up a bit.
also a miss a part where it realy grooves. maybe with a bit more complex percussion to give it a bit of a push. at the moment it is hypnotic but the drive is missing for me.
I agree a little bit, but as far as minimal its there.
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

thanks for the feedback.. iv added a slight reverb on the percussions and boosted the attack.. sounds alot better
with the melody i have messed around with the variation to make the track more intresting but atm its not fitting rite so im gonna mess around abit more. will post a new mix up tomorow.
more opinions would be great!
cheers
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

I have to say I was expecting much worse. But, I'm strange guy with strange taste for music. And I like it so far, but I really miss some variations. Just one simple short hat in background may could do the trick?

and is that 909 rim shot, right ??? ;)