What mouse are you using for mac/logic?

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

What mouse are you using for mac/logic?

Post by Raddler »

Mighty and magic mouse don't seem to be my cup of tea and I've gone through three other logitech ones and I'm still not happy!! I'm coming from windows and I have to say that i miss the precision of the mouse. I find all mice are laggy and imprecise on my mac. Maybe it's just me being picky.Can anyone recommend a good mouse for macs? any brand i don't care. Thanx
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i like the feel of a mac mouse. every time i use a windows computer i find it really hard to click on things. you move the mouse so slightly and the arrow is on the other side of the screen.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Wish I could agree dude. I just find my tweeking in logic isn't quite as flowing as it was in Ableton with a pc. Hard to explain. I'm sure i'll get used to it though.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Raddler wrote:Wish I could agree dude. I just find my tweeking in logic isn't quite as flowing as it was in Ableton with a pc. Hard to explain. I'm sure i'll get used to it though.
dood... i totally get this!!! zomg... the mighty mouse is awesome with the 360 degree wheel. Why not just get the classic microsoft mouse?

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D58-000 ... _e_title_3

Getting used to the mac is a burner especially when you have to use both!! i totally got busted today in a work meeting trying to copy-and-paste text using alt-c and alt-v. ultrafail. :P
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

yeah, next company is Microsoft cause logitech mice seem weird with my upgrade to snow leopard. Thanx hydrogen for the link.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Raddler wrote:yeah, next company is Microsoft cause logitech mice seem weird with my upgrade to snow leopard. Thanx hydrogen for the link.
wait... whats weird? i just tried the microsoft mouse... i'm not sure which is better then mighty or the micro... the extra buttons seem to be mapped to expose' and new tab in firefox lol. rather than back and forth buttons for browsing. haha.

I also noticed that the mouse accelleration on the mac is very different than the pc. I think that takes some getting used to the most.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

:?: :?: You guys know you can adjust "Windows" mice to operate just like any Apple mice? There are drivers for every mouse out there (Intellimouse, Logitech, etc.) that customize scroll speed, cursor speed, secondary buttons, etc.

I've pretty much used them all—went from a Logitech to an old Microsoft Intellimouse, then to a newer Intellimouse, then to an Apple Mighty Mouse (which I've passed onto my MBP), and now a Razer mouse for my Mac Pro.

I really like the Razer; it's more "grippy" than the Intellimouse and better tracking, but still has the same basic shape. Mighty Mouse was pretty cool, but the scroll ball doesn't perfectly track 100% of the time. Had a chance to check out the new Magic Mouse at an Apple Store—loved the concept and multi-touch surface, but it's pretty uncomfortable. I didn't get the sense it tracked very well.
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

Wacom maybe? after I got that I cant work with mouse! Ultra accurate!

tasos