Logic instruments/effects in Ableton.....

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Logic instruments/effects in Ableton.....

Post by Raddler »

I've searched around for an answer to this but it's rather undetailed and sketchy.Is there a way to use Logics instruments or effects in Live? I know I can do the opposite, but i'm not too interested in that because I love live's workflow. I've heard somewhere I can use soundflower, but i'm not too experienced using it.Anyone ever figured it out?
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

kinda curious about your sentence that 'the opposite is possible'. The only thing I miss in logic is the Beat Repeat plugin, I use it quite a lot but since I've changed to logic I kinda miss that effect. And when i rewire Live as a slave to Logic, for some strange reason Live disables the live included plugins so that's not a solution either.

Anyway, if you could tell me how you use live effects in logic anyway, I'd be very grateful indeed :)
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

well I have never actuaaly used live effects in logic, i've only been told it can be done, but i can'y say for sure. I always though that during rewire, anything done in live can be heard in logic.Btw, how are you liking logic vs live?!!!
wmayhem
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Logic instruments/effects in Ableton.....

Post by wmayhem »

Raddler wrote:I've searched around for an answer to this but it's rather undetailed and sketchy.Is there a way to use Logics instruments or effects in Live? I know I can do the opposite, but i'm not too interested in that because I love live's workflow. I've heard somewhere I can use soundflower, but i'm not too experienced using it.Anyone ever figured it out?
Try Wormhole. Not sure it's still supported but it works.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Raddler wrote:well I have never actuaaly used live effects in logic, i've only been told it can be done, but i can'y say for sure. I always though that during rewire, anything done in live can be heard in logic.Btw, how are you liking logic vs live?!!!
tbh, I prefer the workflow in Live more. But the sound of Logic is much better or at least better manageable ;) Both have their percs I guess, but if Ableton would sound the same as Logic I would certainly stick with it.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

PsyTox wrote:
Raddler wrote:well I have never actuaaly used live effects in logic, i've only been told it can be done, but i can'y say for sure. I always though that during rewire, anything done in live can be heard in logic.Btw, how are you liking logic vs live?!!!
tbh, I prefer the workflow in Live more. But the sound of Logic is much better or at least better manageable ;) Both have their percs I guess, but if Ableton would sound the same as Logic I would certainly stick with it.
very curious as to what makes you say the sound's cleaner in logic than live... Do you push the channels and instruments harder than they should (are they hitting the red anywhere in the chain? and not only in the channel mixer?) I've discovered since i started really taking care about that, i've discovered live sounds much much cleaner. For example the simpler very often starts distorting as soon as a filter is applied, or any other effect for that matter. Also operator's master volume needs to be set at least @ -12db for a clean sound, otherwise if the filter has a high resonnance, the whole thing starts clipping.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

I have absolutely no idea why or how, all i know is that when I use f.e. my standard kit of drums in Battery it sounds more 'contained', breaths more, better stereo image, while in Live it sounds agressive and very in your face. I absolutely can't explain why. And I've tried to compress stuff, eq it, the works, but I just can't get the sound in live sound as nice as it does in logic, it's really weird. So I can only think it's got something to do simply with the inner workings of how the daw processes the sound.

What makes it a bit unfortunate is that i like working in Live a lot more... choices have to be made :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

psytox, what was the last version of live you did your tests on?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest