Ableton: Bouncing Effects

- ask away
libertine
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ableton: Bouncing Effects

Post by libertine »

Hi guys

I'm wondering if somebody knows how to render only the Effects of a Track in Ableton Live.

For example, I wanted to render only the reverb which i put on a synthesizer and import only the reverb (without the synth) back as an audio file. So I have exact control over the reverb and use it as an effect.
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

Put a reverb plugin on a RETURN track, and send the output signal to a audio track. Arm that audio track for recording, set your synth part as dry/wet as you like, hit record and you're done.

Hope this helps.
bam
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Direkt wrote:Put a reverb plugin on a RETURN track, and send the output signal to a audio track. Arm that audio track for recording, set your synth part as dry/wet as you like, hit record and you're done.

Hope this helps.
You could also just go to Export Audio as you would for a full track, then select only the return track in the drop-down menu. You might also want to solo the synth track and the return track if there's anything else going into that same return that you don't want on your rendered track. This should be faster than recording it in real time.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how to do it - at work right now so I can't check, forgive me if I'm wrong :) but I've done this in the past to create reverse reverbs and so on.
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

That works too :)
bam