d16 Drumazone

- ask away
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

d16 Drumazone

Post by regler »

hi,

I thinking about selling this plugin again. I like it, but after some time I don't see a real advantage over some good 909 samples. I curious about your opinions.

best
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Opinions on the plugin itself or whether it's better than samples?

I've tried it and personally didn't like it. I've never owned a 909 but I'm obviously familiar with the sound. You obviously have the synthesis options to kinda tailor the sound to your liking which has some advantages over samples and of course the sequencer but I just wasn't that keen on the attack transient it gives to the kick and there's not much in the way of adjusting that.

I think it's a personal thing, I'm also not that keen on the Nepheton, I'm a fan of the 808 but the kick, rimshot and hats are miles away in my opinion.

This is why I'm going hardware with drums.
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

i love my 808 :D
who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

Opinions on the plugin itself or whether it's better than samples?
both are interesting to me, your answer is the kind i'm looking for.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I love their plug-ins. I own the 909 & 808 and use them all the time. For me they are the best programmers.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I was wondering whether the step buttons can be mapped to midi in internal mode (on either plug) I can't find anything in the manual...each buttons assigned to pads or keys say so they can be triggered on or off in real time??
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I'm not sure if you can map the step buttons, but you can use the piano roll if you wanted to draw in the notes. I just make the patterns, then record the audio as I find it easier to create patterns using the internal sequencer.
regler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by regler »

no they can't be mapped.