old synths

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

old synths

Post by ::BLM:: »

where are people looking to buy old synths? Ebay, SOS, Craigslist and Gumtree? There are a few I want that are dead cheap in the states, but I havent seen any sellers in the UK for over a year now.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

ive kind of gone of ebay lately i always lose out on the bids and stuff on there is going for stupid prices now so regularly check out SOS and gumtree now, dunno if theres any your way but maybes try going to some carboot sales in the hope of picking up an analog gem for pennies, last one i went too had absolutely nothing, but folk where selling boxes of records for £5-10 so not too bad, always that slim chance of getting a synth.
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tristos »

last car book I went to I brought a Casio sk-1 for a quid (seen them go for 70+ on the bay) circuit benders dream.

Cometh the day that i find a jup 8 under a pile of old "he-man" jim jams.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

they are going for stupid prices now. 8k on ebay :lol:
goomba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by goomba »

who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

theres only one place left where you can get anything at stupidly low prices, and thats auctions out in the sticks, because the only people there are farmers and antique dealers.

i bought a Vox Continental for £15 at an auction in a country village. (not sure what theyre worth now, but must be thousands)

the chances of finding anything are very slim, but if theres any auctions in your area, its worth checking them out just in case.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I have been looking through auctions for quite sometime, but the items I want haven't come up. It's really quite annoying as they are all around Europe and the Americas just not over here for some reason.

Dont suppose anyone has a Ensoniq ESQ-1 for sale do they?
tristos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tristos »

steevio wrote:theres only one place left where you can get anything at stupidly low prices, and thats auctions out in the sticks, because the only people there are farmers and antique dealers.

i bought a Vox Continental for £15 at an auction in a country village. (not sure what theyre worth now, but must be thousands)

the chances of finding anything are very slim, but if theres any auctions in your area, its worth checking them out just in case.
so true, I live in north devon and have picked up some nice bits along the way. Ebay is the last place people think of, if they have the internet that is...