Maschine out of Sync w/ Ableton and Logic

- ask away
nebes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Maschine out of Sync w/ Ableton and Logic

Post by nebes »

Hi all,

I've had maschine now for about a week and it's been one of my best purchases.. I've been mainly using it stand alone (outside the host) because I've been still learning the interface and getting the basics down.. Today, I finally tried to use it within my host which is Ableton 8.1.3 and noticed that it does not accurately sync in beat with ableton.. It seems Maschine is playing way ahead of Ableton.. When I use the step sequence function, I notice that the lights are clearly playing ahead of Ableton.. I've tried compensating w/ track delay in ableton but the timing is so off that it doesn't fix it.. I've always thought that the track delay is to compensate for latency but the timing is definitely more than 1 second so I doubt it's that.. Actually maschine is playing 1/4 Beat ahead of Ableton.. I've tried using both AU and VST versions and both are the same.. Does Maschine have to set up in any particular way in Ableton's midi preferences? I am thinking this has to be a simple fix as I couldn't find anyone else having this issue on the forum..

Here are my specs:
MacBook 2.53 Ghz
OSX 10.6.5
Ableton 8.1.3
Maschine 1.5.1
wax works
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by wax works »

I found this thread over at the Ableton forum dude, hope you get the answers you need :)

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=154062
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

I had a very similar problem. Decreasing buffersize in Live had solved my timing problems.