Advice on two Kick&Bass

- ask away
Phune
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Advice on two Kick&Bass

Post by Phune »

Hi, i'm opening this topic 'cause i want you to let me know what do you think about them.
The problem is that i made those basses in my studio with a pair of KRK Rokit 6, but then i've heard them in a mastering studio and they sounds completly different, like just a sine wave..now i've made an edit! Let me know what you hear.
Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/armando_c
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

where? oops i saw the link now, my browser was acting up

to me they sound almost the same, nothing particularly wrong except for the low peak level... the rest is a matter of taste i guess
Phune
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Phune »

s.k. wrote:where? oops i saw the link now, my browser was acting up

to me they sound almost the same, nothing particularly wrong except for the low peak level... the rest is a matter of taste i guess
Thx, but you hear just like a sine wave? Or something more dark than it?
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

no man, to answer your question it doesn't sound like just a sine. there are overtones. but if you want it more defined you could use another, higher bass note and low pass it like you probably did with that one.
Phune
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Phune »

s.k. wrote:no man, to answer your question it doesn't sound like just a sine. there are overtones. but if you want it more defined you could use another, higher bass note and low pass it like you probably did with that one.
thx..i'll try and post the new ones. Other advices?
NomadSpectrum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by NomadSpectrum »

Sounds fine to me on my hifi, and studio headphones :)