Numerology + Launchpad

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Numerology + Launchpad

Post by Phase Ghost »

Long story short, I've been on the hunt for a hardware sequencer to run a few synths and a sampler(along with clocking my modular). One of my problems was finding something that did chords in a step sequencer style and didn't involve endless menus on a tiny screen. I checked out the yahmaha qy's and the mmt-8, but neither really fit the bill. I really did not want to go the software route at all.

Then by chance I checked out numerology. I checked it out in the past, but this was before he built in functionality for the novation launchpad. These two were built for each other. I watched a few video's and had a large part of the functionality figured out. You really don't need to look at the screen once you get it setup. Everything you need is available from the launchpad.

This combo is all about hands on and really opens the door for creativity. It's all about playing and getting ideas together fast. You can use it as a DAW, but I'm using it for sequencing only and recording in Logic.

Check out some demo's here http://five12.com/t.html

It's mac only for now. But, this program uses less cpu power than Firefox with 4 sequencers going at once and could run on old G4 probably.

Anyways, just wanted to get the word out about this combo. I swore I'd never buy another piece of software, but this combo is live as fck. I'm using it for hardware, but it can sequence audio units also.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yeah I would highly recommend Numerology as a sequencer. I'm totally happy with modular (I got Rene btw... love it!) . .. But yeah, for anyone in the box who wants to go beyond linear sequencing. Do it!

Lots of the modular guys are using this ahead of hardware sequencers. That's a decent vote of confidence.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Rene...nice!! When I hopefully get my damn sequencer finished and wired in a an actual enclosure instead of on a bunch of breadboards, I'm gonna take a look at that.

I'm not real interested in using this for cv and gate duties, but you definitely could and there is alot of control in that department built in.

After a weekend with this setup, it's easily the dopest midi sequencer I've ever used. I wrote 5 songs this weekend. Literally, 5 different tracks. I got a groove going, hit record, and started tweaking. Granted, they're a little rough around the edges, but still...5 tunes.

You can rewire this with Logic, but it was a little buggy and crashed a few times on me. Which is a shame as I only wanted a few built in effects. The developer is super responsive on their forum though and will probably have it sorted in no time.

Anyways, if you've got a mac and are tired of drawing in notes in Logic or ableton, check out numerology with the launchpad.