Should 'Tips and Tricks' have it's own section?

- ask away
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Should 'Tips and Tricks' have it's own section?

Post by eggnchips »

I know the this producing section has lots of tips but a lot of the info is specific to a certain product, track, sound, question etc.
It would be nice to have an extra section to goto for production tips only for people like me who are eager to learn new techniques in electronic music production containing subjects such as eqing, delays and bass.
What you think?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

all the best stuff is buried in different threads... sometimes just a once off post... sometimes a meandering discussion.

the search function here kinda sucks I think? if I do a basic search i just seem to get every post ever, but where there's a will theres a way.

Get your scuba gear working! ha ha.

I'm open to the idea of organising things somehow, but everything seems to work alrighty right now.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I think the search works quite well and if you follow the forum regularly, you'll see most new threads.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

patrick bateman wrote:I think the search works quite well and if you follow the forum regularly, you'll see most new threads.
This may be true but what if you don't know what you're searching for?
It would be nice to be able to access tips for new ideas/techniques that one doesn't know and then think 'Ah, never thought of that, I'm going to try it.'
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

eggnchips wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:I think the search works quite well and if you follow the forum regularly, you'll see most new threads.
This may be true but what if you don't know what you're searching for?
It would be nice to be able to access tips for new ideas/techniques that one doesn't know and then think 'Ah, never thought of that, I'm going to try it.'
And what if, and what if, and what if, and what if :)
You can make the forum very specific if you want, I just don't think it's the way to go, but that's my opinion.
Again, if you're following the forum on a daily or weekly basis, I think you will see most new threads.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Possessive form of "its" has no apostrophe ;)

Personally I'm not sure if it's an active enough forum to really merit a seperate section just for "tips and tricks". Fair enough for, say, the Ableton forum which has a pretty fast turnaround and such threads might get lost otherwise, but here I don't think it's really necessary. It won't suddenly make all the useful quick-tips start neatly appearing in the one place.