Live sequenced track

- music
p_ACHE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Live sequenced track

Post by p_ACHE »

Hi !

This is the first track I finished ! (means, I feel it's finished, but haven't done any mixing, mastering or care about sound quality)

http://soundcloud.com/pache/re-chord

>>> x0xb0x into Machinedrum, stereo output of MD into my sound card. xils3 vsti sequenced by the MD.
>>> Delay and reverb in daw (controlled by MD to).
Everything done live (pattern, mute play), and sequenced by the MD. It's almost an impro in fact.

Feedback ? What can I improve (next time, I don't allow myself to edit tracks !) ? Levels, mix seems wrong, especially at low level (so keep the volume high :lol:) . I have no idea why, maybe because I don't use my monitors (crappy room/monitor, sound SO wrong) but only my headphone.
In fact I use my headphone and my monitors at the same time, pushed hard to feel the basses with the good sound of my headphone . Ok I'm out

Anyway, I try not caring too much about mixing and sound quality for now.

Cheers !
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

We've got a section just for member's tracks.

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=26

Welcome!
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

moved.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

fck this would be perfect without this doppler/pitch bend lfo stuff, I don't know... but that comes down to taste I guess :D
the first part got me good tho.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
p_ACHE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by p_ACHE »

Robot Criminal wrote:fck this would be perfect without this doppler/pitch bend lfo stuff, I don't know... but that comes down to taste I guess :D
the first part got me good tho.
Thank you for your feedback !
I probably went to far wanting to create interestingness ... ;) Anyway since it's live (pitch manipulated by a pot) it's how I felt it doing this. The problem is that the perception is so much different when you are listening instead of playing (maybe I have to be more focused on the sound).
Do you hear an obvious problem with level ? It seems all wrong at low level. (master is not pushed or maximised)