echo audiofire 12

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

echo audiofire 12

Post by ::BLM:: »

who has one of these? what firewire cards are you using with it?
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I have an echo audiofire 2 for my macbook. Works great aside from every once in a while it gets recognized as a different device.

For instance, it's usually Audiofire (1437) and sometimes it loads up as Audiofire (0000). A reboot will fix it usually. Not sure what causes it.

The midi is really nice on it.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

I had one. I bought whichever TI chipset (PCI) that Echo recommended in the manual. Worked fine but I wanted something more from an interface so I sold it.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

What did you want that it didn't have? I just need good quality sound and the inputs.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

I've got an echo audiofire 2 and an audiofire 8 for sale at the moment.

I was very happy with them, but decided to upgrade to Apogee stuff a few months back, so I'm not using these anymore.
if you're interested, let me know.

I've always used them with my macbook pro, and never had any issues at all.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

::BLM:: wrote:What did you want that it didn't have? I just need good quality sound and the inputs.
Basically everything that the RME FF400 has. Some key things being a dedicated main output gain control knob, XLR inputs, more routing options, SPDIF, etc.

I bought the Echo12 when I had an outboard mixer. I was using the Echo just to send tracks from my DAW to the mixer. After I got rid of the mixer, I parted ways with the Echo.

It's a great interface, for what it is. If you are just looking for quality sound and inputs, this is a good one to get. I did sometimes get issues when booting up where my DAW wouldn't recognize the Echo. FWIW I don't get those issues with the RME. Never.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Hades wrote:I've got an echo audiofire 2 and an audiofire 8 for sale at the moment.

I was very happy with them, but decided to upgrade to Apogee stuff a few months back, so I'm not using these anymore.
if you're interested, let me know.

I've always used them with my macbook pro, and never had any issues at all.
I have already bought the 12, but I thought my pc had a firewire card but it doesn't. In the manual it says to get one with a certain chipset, but I couldnt find one. I have sorted it now... I bought from a company just now so hopefully get it monday.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i saw a good mastering engineer recommend one.

Think I'll pick up a number 2 or 4 at some point .