Iditentify the synth in this track

- ask away
_gilles
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Iditentify the synth in this track

Post by _gilles »

Hi there,

I'm an analog noobie but I plan to buy an old synth (never too late) and I would like to know what is the analog synth who is able to do that bassline. Maybe every analog stuff can do bassline closer to this one but I would like to know anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZreZCYNBpZw

Thanks a lot for your help !
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

i would quess it is a yamaha dx-something
or it can be an one shot sample from analog synth like roland sh-101

kind of boring track it was
motf_118
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by motf_118 »

he lists all his studio equipment around halfway through the interview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqp6yLVk6EI
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Thanks motf-118, I'm a fan of Lovebirds and that was a cool find. He rhymed off a bunch of old synths (Roland Juno-6, Arp Odyssey, Micromoog, Korg MS-10, Oberheim Matrix-1000...). Listening the original track in question the bassline isn't very remarkable. Any standard, half-decent analog synth could probably create something similar, methinks...

Gilles, I would suggest getting something easy to program (meaning plenty of knobs) and not too expensive and start to experiment. As suggested earlier, a Yamaha DX synth could probably do a similar sounds, but unless a close enough sound is already programmed as part of the unit, then have fun trying to program a new one (note my sarcasm there). DX synths are notoriously tedious to program!

Did you have any synths in mind? Perhaps some of us could tell you if it's a reasonable choice considering the sound you want.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

when those graphics at the bottom pulled away at the beginning off the video. lol lol
_gilles
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _gilles »

I excpected that every decent analog synth are able to do that. I don't have a specific synth in mind, I like the sound of a Korg MS10 and the way it's semi-modular seems to be pretty cool but obviously i'm not on a specific brand.

Thanks a lot for your answers !
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

gowans wrote:when those graphics at the bottom pulled away at the beginning off the video. lol lol
hahaha!!