I hear radio static and radio on my monitors (KRK VXT4) why?

- ask away
Digs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

I hear radio static and radio on my monitors (KRK VXT4) why?

Post by Digs »

I bought a pair of KRK VXT4 monitors in the beginning of the month, I try'd them at my house and everything worked perfectly, clean, perfect and loud sound!
This week I changed my studio to a friends house, and the problem is that when the monitors are power-plugged I hear a low sound of radio and radio static.. And when I'm making music, I keep hearing the f**ng static.
I contacted my vendor and they said it also happen to them, they say its bad power connections of the house and to try in another plug.. I did and the same happens in every room..
Do you know what i can do? Does it exists a power extension with static blocker or something?
JayRP
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JayRP »

i dont know how to help you there but for now that sounds awesome, i say sample it somehow and use it in AT LEAST one track! :D
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

are there balanced or unbalanced cables going to them?
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

possible ground loop hum or something like that? not sure i can help ya mate, if uve tried all different sockets. have u tested them plugged into the mains without anything else plugged into them just your one speaker?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I have the same thing. It's when its near loads of plugs, so I just had to rearrange my room.
Digs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Digs »

gowans wrote:possible ground loop hum or something like that? not sure i can help ya mate, if uve tried all different sockets. have u tested them plugged into the mains without anything else plugged into them just your one speaker?
yes i tryed to plug just the speaker without any power extentions and I continue to hear the static..

::BLM:: what did you do? you fixed the power plugs?
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

i have the same kind of problem,
i started the topic on a dutch langual forum, some answers came idd in the direction of a ground loop hum,
do you mayby have some kind of mobile phone antenna ore something in the area? it could be electro magnetic radiation wich is there,

idd reorganisation can be the solution, i also can move around with my speakers and this hiss and humb is getting less prominent ore even dissapears, strange sh!t, if i will have more info there i will post it here.
grtz
lessizmoremoreizless
Digs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Digs »

a friend of mine said this should work, what do you think?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_racksteckdose.htm