Producing while travelling??

- ask away
BigPoe
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BigPoe »

michaellpenman wrote:Basically you need very good headphones, a large external hard drive and a quick laptop.

I to travel a lot with work, its amazing but so hard to settle down and produce. I recently tried to make some music on the plane but i was sat next to the fecking engine so all i could here is a large wooshing sound. This is a ideal place where noise canceling headphones would be perfect.
I quite fancy giving producing in the park a go one day. (However it's a bit cold at the moment for those of us in the northern hemisphere).

Producing on a plane reminded me of the mile high club, where's the weirdest place you've ever made some music (that's not supposed to be a euphamism)? :D
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

This might be of help.

http://vimeo.com/3740527
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

I do a good amount of producing/practicing in coffee shops, libraries. Much easier to stay focused and get "in the zone", instead of having the internet nearby. It's also nice to walk around the beach for 30 minutes and listen to some new music before stepping in to get a cappuccino.

Macbook Pro, Akai LPK25, mouse, and Sennheiser HD25's or some quality earbuds. A power outlet is essential -- my MBP lasts 2.5 hours regularly, but if I'm running Logic + plugins, it barely makes it to 1.5 hours, with the screen super dim.

I have a portable 320gb firewire hard drive, but I try to keep it as minimal as possible (few sets of drum samples, Logic, plugins).
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

[doublepost]