What about the Arrengement?

- ask away
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

When i do (did) live acts, I use to prepare them 2 or 3 months before the gig as one BIG song...had all my clips, played on the fx, on the mute the eq etc etc...adding some tense by droping pre recorded automation...I don't know if it's the proper defintion of a "live act"...and I know what you mean Steevio...but I was on the edge for other reasons, my pc was a p4 512 mos of Ram....so I was on the edge because I didn't know (in spite of rehersall) if my pc would not die on me...you know , those things always happen when you don't want them to.... :lol:
:::::::::boom tchak boom boom tchak:::::::::::

http://soundcloud.com/richard-hautin
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:So really there is no right or wrong way, its just what is best suited to your needs.

My plan was to have pre arranged midi files and the prophet, a drum machine or samples of some sort, the mbase and then my ESQ1. This is how I am making tracks at the moment with this equipment so I need to find a way to transfer it out the studio and into a live situation.

[/i]
exactly.

i think you have to somehow transfer your studio working methods to the live arena in a compact and organised form, so its a true representation of what you do.

because i dont use a computer in the studio anymore, i cant really justify using one live.
what i do live is exactly the same as what i do in the studio, so its feels familiar, and requires no more extra practice, because i'm effectively constantly practicing while i'm in the studio.